Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 $428 for a deer license in iowa now >

$428 for a deer license in iowa now

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

$428 for a deer license in iowa now

Old 05-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $428 for a deer license in iowa now

I would be real careful about gettig a PO Box so you can claim residency in another state to get a license, and also in the state you live in. Big No-No!!! A person just recently got fined here recently for falsifying info in Nevada to obtain a resident trapping license so he could trap bobcats and grey foxes. It also states you can't get a resident license in two states, no matter where you are, so suck up the cost of the license, and be careful about the license thing. It could get you in trouble in no time flat.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:00 AM

Well you could join the service. If you are in the armed service you can get a resident license in the state in which you serve and the state in which you claim as your home state. For instance I'm stationed at Ft. Benning GA so I hunt there as a resident and I claim MO as my state of residence so I get the same privledge there. But yes rising costs in the trophy producing states is a fact of life. It will not get any cheaper but continue to rise with inflation and hunter demand.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Cardeer and medic...your suggestions are just plain unethical to the young kid in the picture bless his little baby face. If that is the kind of folks you are...you are not welcome in Iowa to hunt. Unethical practices are what the IBA stands against and you two are the prime examples of poachers in my book. Damn kids

Iowa law states you have to Physically reside in the state 30 days prior to making attempt to obtain a hunting license.

As far as owning land deerslayer...I think it is your families land if I'm not mistaken which would only entitle the landowner to obtain the any sex permit for the farm. As far as I am concerned, you should stay in Wisconsin to hunt or just move to Iowa, your choice....pay a non resident fee in one state or the other.

Last but not least, here is the guy starting the post...none other than a little kid with a silver spoon in his mouth. Wait, those are braces, nevermind

Old 05-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it even costs a lot for us residents. As far as resident licenses generally go. $17.50 for a hunting license, $8.50 for the required habitat fee, and $26 for the deer tag.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:59 AM

holy smackers thats an old picture..where did you happen upon that? 3 years ago, if my memory serves me right..changed a bit i have..

anyway, back to the subject. I think its by far the stupidest argument of all to say "move to iowa." It's a handful of IBA members that are flipping out about this subject. You start giving me accurate numbers on NR's stealing all your iowa land, and i'll believe your argument. yeah, its high for residents too in iowa. it's $32 in Wisconsin and people bitch about it. Jep, i guarantee you wouldn't have to pay that much if the iowa government broke down and brought the taxes more in line with the rest of the country. i mean, we pay under 2,000 dollars on 640 acres. We pay close to $10k in taxes on 750 acres in Wisconsin. I mean, it may be great that it's dirt cheap taxes over there and i'm not certainly complaining, but i think that low taxes are the reason tags are so expensive. Also midwest dude guy, non-res landowners don't get anything. I think all landowners in iowa should get one guaranteed either sex tag just for paying taxes to the state of iowa and unlimited doe tags to better manage the herd.

i still can't get over how different i look in that picture...geeeesh...Joined: 5/6/2005..that explains it..everyone around here knows my age there shooter..i've been here for 4 years, i dont think posting my picture really did alot of good. But really, where did you get that picture? iowawhitetail, where i was exiled from for disagreeing with their #1 advertisor, the Iowa Bowhunters Association?? that place is a joke, anyone that doesnt agree with the IBA is banned. pricks...

slayer
Old 05-07-2005, 12:24 PM

You were booted for IW for your sarcastic remarks, problematic posts, and your desire to stir up controversy for your own public gain. The IBA is the best organization out there to protect your right as a bowhunter or hunter in general. You are a smart enough kid...I hope anyways that if you actually looked at what they stood for you would sit back and realize just how stupid you sound when you say the IBA is your roadblock to hunting in Iowa.

I do not know the numbers of NR folks buying land but I see it happen every year and I loose out on hunting ground based on the no access the new owners provide. I am not even going to waste my time in looking up the numbers as I see it happen regularly around here and that is proof enough to me to make an honest assessment.

Your family owns land in Iowa...I'd be willing to bet you have not signed your name to a check going to the state for tax purposes so don't even get me started there...even if you and your family lived in IA...your dad or the "check signer" would be the one with the either sex landowner tag.....you do need to get that thru your head.

I have wasted enough time replying to your stupid posts and one could only hope you break a game law when you cross the state line so that you could have your hunting rights revoked and we could publicly dismiss you from the hunting society.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:26 PM

i figured you were one of those pricks from IW. hey, i think the IBA is a great organization. But they're the ones crying wolf on a problem that doesnt exist. If you dont have any facts to support your argument, please, don't be bitching. Hoping somebody breaks a game law? that's down right pathetic that you have to resort to those claims.

"You were booted for IW for your sarcastic remarks, problematic posts, and your desire to stir up controversy for your own public gain"

No, i think it had somethign to do with the fact that the people who post regulary there are a bunch of IBA cyborgs and the IBA is a big advertiser on the site. You IBA nuts from iowa dont see things from both sides of the fence. Some guy from WI or MN comes and buys your hunting land so you get your knickers in a knot. Guess what? tough luck. if you're so concerned about losing land, buy some. But i am 100% sure in saying that developers are buying more land than NR hunters. please, do us a favor and take your IBA communist agenda elsewhere...

slayer
Old 05-07-2005, 04:23 PM

I see, I am the prick in this post...see how this post is turning, precisly what you were doing on IW. It is good to see you found a place that would accept you for what you are. Honestly, I am happy for you.

As for buying ground....I wish I could buy some. See, I was not born into the money scheme as you were. The ground I do have came from hard work, something you may never have to experience based on your current land situation. Most folks in Iowa have little to no ground to hunt on and must rely on generous landowners and public ground if they wish to hunt.

I would hate for you to violate a law but I would just assume you stayed the heck out of our state...that will probably be the way it happens down the road tho...greedy hunters never seem to have enough and it eventually will turn you toward the unethical side pending the regs remain the same.

Developers are buying up more ground than the NR...I am sure of that but I can bet it is more agricultural ground than the rough ground most use for hunting. Yes, there are houses going up on the rough ground daily...I'll give you that. What do you think would happen if IA lifted the law and let NR landowners get tags without going thru the draw.....it is not so much as it happening now but if it changed, the influx of that would be rather large. You have to see the point I am making here...if not, you are either too stupid to figure it out or too selfish to care.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:46 PM

First of all Deerslayer........in reference to the taxes you pay on your property, it isn't your property and you don't pay diddly. Secondly, everyone knows WI taxes are ridiculous compared to other states, and if I would have to guess, I'd say your father probably has his land enrolled in a Federal Timber Reserve Program.....thus the 2000 dollars for the 640 acres. Thirdly, and most importantly, it's guys like you who give other non-residents like myself a bad name. I'm familiar with the IBA, and what they do for their states bowhunters, I only wish we had as dedicated of a group of true outdoorsman to represent our state. They're part of the reason why we want to hunt Iowa. You can't have the caliber of hunting Iowa does if you don't have someone to help create it and control it. Bottom line is, quit your crying and grow up. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.......that's exactly what I see you as.[:@]
Old 05-07-2005, 09:09 PM

Deerslayer - Where to start? You have no clue at all what the IBA is about or what we support do you? Are you even a member of your own states bowhunter association? Here is a link to your states bowhunter organization so you can join today. www.wbhassoc.com Iowa only has 1% of it's state ground that is open to the public. Yes land access is getting very difficult to obtain here. I have been shunned from 3 different farms in the past year that I normally hunted due to leasing and out of state landowners. They come here to shotgun hunt, and wont let anyone else hunt the ground, creating deer havens all around the state which is where the hot spots are at. We do have a nice quality herd of whitetail in Iowa, that is beacuse we have very supportive groups that are dedicated to keeping it that way. And it is not just the IBA, it is all groups. You need to do a little more resarch before spewing out such malicious statements about a sportsman group that is dedicated to protecting our residents hunting rights and grounds. I would hope that the WBA does the same for hunters in your state. Try putting the shoe on the other foot. How much of your states ground is open to the public? Just beacuse your family pays taxes here does not give you the right to get all the free tags that you want. I have lake house in Missouri that we spend a lot of time at, do I expect to hunt for free. Hell no. I pay taxes down there, buy all the food, gas, and licenses to legally hunt and fish in Nissouri. You should check out the prices for NR to hunt out west. Try getting a ELK tag in NM or AZ. I bet it takes you 6-8 years at least to draw. Like I said, do your research before you start typing. And yes I am a Board Member of the IBA. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments!

Quick Reply: $428 for a deer license in iowa now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.