HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Late Post for my 1st Buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/98610-late-post-my-1st-buck.html)

phishook 04-26-2005 09:46 PM

Late Post for my 1st Buck

I never got the chance to get on hete and post the pics and story of my Buck last fall. I just thought of it tonight as I'm getting ready for Turkey the oppener in the morning.

The quick story is I sat in a new stand that I just set up sometime after 5:00pm. Sat and sat listening to kids yell, and a combine picking the corn next door. About 1/2hr before dark I heard something busting through the brush field. NO shot at all, just two doe being chased out of the corn by the combine. Then I heard one twig snap. Saw something standing out in the grass, but I was in the woods. So I gave a grunt, and he came in with his nose down at a steady pace right to the buck decoy that I set up earlier. Heck I was so nervos, I knew he was a decent buck, but I couldn't take my eyes off his chest to check his rack for anything. Took the shot as he put his nose on the decoys tail (right where I poored the doe in heat). He gave the biggest high kick and took two leaps into the weeds. I seriously think I had a heart attack, couldn't breath right for about ten minutes. I finally got my buck! He was the first buck I saw in five years of hunting.
Took the next cople weeks off and waited for muzzelloaded to open and got my doe for the season too.

oh ya +1 for ASAT camo. A few guys here recomended it. Can't say I saw more game, but the results were better.

?don't know if the pic is going to load or not?

extreme1 04-26-2005 10:11 PM

RE: Late Post for my 1st Buck

CONGRATS on the buck phishook----Can't wait to see the pic:)

cardeer 04-27-2005 02:20 AM

Late post and Pics of deer taken is a violation of the board. Pic Now !

jepcho 04-27-2005 08:34 AM

Congrats on the buck and good luck on the turkey opener!!

Pa Trophy Man 04-27-2005 08:50 AM

No pic loaded, but congrats anyway.

micdundee 04-27-2005 09:53 AM

Congrats!!

Hunter06FlKy 04-27-2005 12:28 PM

great story. how big was he? hope to see a pic soon.

JerseyJim 04-28-2005 09:04 PM

Congrats!!!!!! I hope you can post a pic soon....

Double Lunger 04-29-2005 08:30 PM

Better late than never !! Good time to read a new story !

phishook 05-02-2005 09:38 PM

we'll I can't get a pic to load here. Had the same problem last fall. Says page wont load?

But on a side note. went out for the turkey oppener and couldn't find a gobbler, but saw several hens. The next morning I changed properties and watched a tree full of birds fly down on the opposite side of the ditch. Had the decoys out and called, 15-20 minutes later they finally made their way and I took a 25 pounder with a 11 beard.