Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back >

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Old 04-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

If deer must be killed, then please do it humanely.
That statement alone tells the truth about this guy, It has anti-hunter written all over it.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jepcho

If he was really a hunter he would know that making a good shot with a bow will kill a deer just as humanely as with a rifle!!
Actuall it's even more humane, deer do not feel an arrow pass through the vitals. for one, lungs have no nerve ending therfore do no percieve pain, and if you have ever cut yourself with a razor you know the pain dont set in for quite awhile. Now a gunshot is very painfull I hear.
Killed two deer with a bow this past year and two with my gun. All four deer only went 20 or so yds. There are far more deer wounded with rifles than with bows every year, why dont he post that data.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's one person's opinion and it doesn't count for much. If a paper publishs it, then they usually have an agenda of their own and they would dig up someone to support their agenda.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree, this guy is no hunter! There are many of our fellow gun owners, who are back stabbers too! They are far too quick to give up other peoples types of guns, if it is not the type that they shoot!
All hunters should for the most part, support all LEGAL forms of hunting! (If there is some contraversal forms of hunting, it should be taken up in wildlife department hearings! Not openly trash other peoples forms of hunting in the general public!)
All gun owners should support the Second Amendment, not just their own type of firearms!
When we as hunters, and gun owners allow ourselves to be fragmented, we are helping our enemy! With hunting, the anti's prey on the less popular forms of hunting, until ALL hunting will be outlawed! With guns, they do the same thing! They try to get the less popular guns banned, until ALL guns are banned!
We need to think, before we act, or speak, or we can unwittingly help those who would take our rights away from us!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Goodguy

This is the letter I wrote to the Editor

The Record
160 King St. East
Kitchener, Ontario
N2G 4E5

The Editor

It will not surprise me if I don’t see my letter in print but I feel the need to express my informed opinion to you. As a hunter for over 50 years with knowledge of many aspects of hunting including bow hunting I have to wonder where it was that Mr. Thornton did his research. And I strongly suspect the basis for his research must have been the inaccurate rhetoric and propaganda being spewed by the animal rights and anti-hunting groups because it has no basis in fact. If Mr. Thornton really is a hunter he should know that it is always the criteria of a hunter to make a clear accurate shot to the vitals to ensure a humane quick kill regardless if using a rifle or bow. To say there are deer walking about the woods with arrows sticking out of them is ridiculous in the extreme. I also have to wonder if Mr. Thornton is possibly falsely portraying himself as a hunter to try and give credibility to his true anti-hunting agenda.

Yours truly

wheres the money??? all I ask is who signs Mr. Thornton's pay check? that will usually tell you where this idiotic BS is coming from. Its sad nowadays nobody has any morals or are too affraid to stand up for how they really feel because of, you guessed it MONEY. People today will crusifie their own flesh and blood for , you guessed right again MONEY....... MONEY MONEY MONEY everyones lives revolve around whats that? you guessed right again MONEY.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Definetly not a hunter...
Old 05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a hunter in any stretch...Why would he say he was a "Conservative, right-wing gun owner..."? Any hunter I know while discussing hunting styles, techniques, likes, dislikes etc, have never disclosed their political side. There's no reasoning for doing so.

I have yet to hear another hunter, anywhere, anytime, anyplace, ever say anything detrimental to the sport of deer hunting. As examples, we may disagree whether crossbows should be included as legal during archery season, or if muzzleloaders with rifled barrels, scopes etc are truly defined as primitive firearms. The point being, we never feel any current type of hunting style should be banned under any circumstamnce. History does not lie.

I could continue this reply for many more paragraphs but I will not bore you much further. This author is trying to deceive readers that he is, in fact, a hunter. There is no doubt here that he doesn't even come close. There is a kind of bond, a strong unity (brotherhood) of all hunters that I have ever known.

Mr. Thornton does not and never did undertand that!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anti Hunter trying desparately to do SOMETHING that might have an impact. The PETA approach is doing nothing but backfiring!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

should have mentioned that most shots swith Bows are taken at 15-25 yds,
while rifle shots can be taken at hundreds of yards.