Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shampoo..

Old 04-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default shampoo..

a while ago we got this little camo bag and on the inside of it there was that shampoo that gets rid of your sent. has anyone tried this stuff and can you tell a difference?

thanks
Old 04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shampoo..

one of my friends uses it but i haven't. what i usually do is just use the spray on clothes stuff. my friend though has all of the stuff shampoo, detergent, deoderant, and body wash. he swears buy it. but i'm not sure of how much it actually helps. i just make sure my clothes have a good cover scent and such.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:18 PM

We use it. Last year while we were turkey hunting we had four deer walk pretty much right up to us. I don't know if that was why. The stuff we have is green and I can't remember the name of it. Its used as body wash also. I actually like it a lot. Leaves your hair really nice. Hey I'm a woman!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe in the scent free products and use them. But, while scouting for turkeys last month I had a deer walk straight at me within 10 yards before it realized I was there. My clothes were washed in regular detergent, I had shampooed with regular shampoo, washed with regular soap, and had deodorant on. Go figure.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

i want to stink ,deer love it
Old 04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

the stuff is green, and the brand is sent-away, might jus have to give it a whirl this year.

thanks every1
Old 04-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use it in the shower before every hunt. I also use the scent free laundry detergent and take a lot of pain to keep all my hunting clothes and boots scent free. I also use the scent eliminator on my portable stand and my bow. Scent control is a must for successful deer hunting.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used Hunters Specialties Shampoo but gave it away,I still prefer
Cow Brand Baking Soda.
I use it in the shower and in the laundry. I also sprinkle some on
my boots and legs before I apply my deer scent.
It is the best deoderizer I've experienced so far.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, Just as Jeff stated save yourself some money and use baking soda.....for clothes, body, hair and teeth. Works like a charm.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Ivory soap works for shampoo, Unscented non-dye laundry detergent from arm and hammer, baking soda works as well and dont forget vinegar...

Smoke or air them huntin clothes on a line...

Quick Reply: shampoo..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.