Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Request from Soldiers in Iraq

Old 10-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Request from Soldiers in Iraq

I will send you guys some hunting vedeos....our prayers are with you..
please stay in touch God Bless.... Wil
Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 PM

I can send my once-read hunting magazines over to Afghanistan or Iraq. Hit me with an address and I'd be happy to help - I'm ex-Army light infantry and special ops, and I work as a DOD contractor now. My support is with you, hooowah!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

My son is an avid hunter and is currently deployed in Afghanistan with the U.S. Army. He will not be hunting this year for the first time since he started hunting 6 yrs. ago, and misses it dearly. He loves to read hunting magazines and has a portable DVD player and would love to receive some hunting DVDs. His address is: Spc. Charles Augello, 44th Sig. Bn., APO AE 09314. His e-mail address is [email protected] I am very proud of my son and would greatly appreciate anything any of you could do to help out. Charlie.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:11 AM

Charlie,

I'll send some out early next month to your son and his fellow soldiers. I too know what a few things from home can do for moral, and that should be the focus of our support right now!

-WW

Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 PM

I just got back from Iraq a month ago and let me thank you all for your support of the troops. Means so much to get something from the folks back home and even more so when the person who sent it to you is a complete stranger. I know I missed a whole hunting season and half of this one, so I can feel for the guys that are there right now.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 AM

Howdy fellow sportsmen! Is it too late to get in on this? I am a maintenance supervisor with the 101st Airborne Division on my second tour over here in Iraq. I have over a hundred mechanics who would love some of this stuff. It seems like we have a large number of sportsmen in the platoon who would love to get some of this stuff. Anything is welcome to include fishing and fly fishing stuff along with the hunting dvds. We have a couple of guys (including myself) who get field and stream and a couple of the other mainstream magazines but dvds and such would be great! It is great to see the outpouring of support when there is so much troubling talk in the media. My address is:
Chad Vandenbos
HSC 563rd SPT BN (AVN)
APO AE 09391
If it is already too late, I thank you all for your previous gifts to all of us servicemembers. I dont think you could understand how meaningful those gifts are.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 PM

hi guys, i also received a request for archery equipt. the guys and ladies are constructing an archery range in iraq . anyone who has equip. they would like to send them should contact me . i can get info on shipping or you can send it to me and i will ship it for you!! lets help these guys and ladies... GO USA!!!! my e-mail - [email protected]
Old 01-28-2006, 02:22 AM

Active duty Marine here who spent time over there much earlier than now. At the time I was there, if youconducted a contest involving noise,you would be on the next plane home. Times are different in certain areas now. Please let me say how grateful those Marines andSoldiersare ingetting things like this. I can't tell you how many children letters that I have read from all around the country. I received gift packages of candy, cards, you name it. Early on in the war, some big news agency reported that baby wipes were in very short supply and at the top of our list for needs. A month later there were pallets of them everywhere from the American public. There was one German immigrant I rememberfrom Chicago who mailed us abunch of beef jerky that took him four days to make. He told us in a letter that he was very proud of us and looked forward to becoming a citizen someday. What our enemies don't know about us is that our soul runs very deep in this country. I was not around during Vietnam, but I have never had anyone accuse me of wrong doing sinceI have been back. There arethoseout there who are very vocal about being aginst this war, but it seems that they are taking that out on the government and not on us in any way. I myself believe in the cause at hand, but that has absoulutely no bearing on what anyone outside of myself should think. For all those who helped in any I want to extend a sincere thank you from the troops. Your thoughts and subsequest actions really made a difference in their lives in a way that you probably will never really fully know.

Semper Fidelis.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 AM

I have some videos I could send. However, I have a cousin in Iraq already, and when I mail him ANYTHING I have to put a particular return address on it. I am just wondering if that is the case here. Please get back to me I would love to help.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

how will i get it to yall

Quick Reply: Request from Soldiers in Iraq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.