Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hi haven't been here in a looong time! Also WI T zone issue >

Hi haven't been here in a looong time! Also WI T zone issue

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hi haven't been here in a looong time! Also WI T zone issue

Old 04-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Spike

Default Hi haven't been here in a looong time! Also WI T zone issue

First of all Hello! Haven't been on here in about 4 yrs. Still love to hunt and fish. Have some pic's to post when I get a chance. Great to be back!
But.... The thing that acctualy made me take the time to reregister was a pic I saw in the whitetail deer pics. Big beautiful 11pt buck taken during the WI T zone hunt of 2004. It' a DOE ONLY hunt. Please read the reg's before starting a hunting or fishing trip.
I had to tag a doe last season durring the T zone to earn my buck tag in the regular season.I saw a verry nice 8pt that day .Me and the boyfreind watched him for a good 10minutes.What a great experiance! He finally just walked over the hill. Burns me to no end that people can't read the reg's and keep the rules straight. I found a spike latter on that someone had shot and left durring the T zone because they probaly thought he was a doe.One less buck for the rest of the legal hunters latter on. Bummer.
On a lighter note, I had a great deer season I got busted by a little 6pt opening morning . He was walking up the trail I was walking down. We almost bumped right into one another! He saw me first and hopped over the hill. He'll be bigger next year!
On the 2nd day I was begining my stalk about 20 minutes in a heavy 8pt came walking down the hill at about 50yds.I tagged him with 1 shot to the shoulder.He only went about 30yds. Great deer. No one else in my party saw horns the rest of the season so we still had 6 buck tags left on the last day.I got my biggest buck yet trailing a doe though the hardwoods at 11:45 at about 45-55yds one shot in the neck droped in his tracks.Thought he was a nice 8 .Walked up and picked his head up out of the snow and WOW! He was an 11 with a sticker! Bright reds and white in color about 200lbs dressed. What an end to the season! My cousin tagged him for me.He was a bit miffed but still proud of me! My Uncles just about squeeze the life out of me too! Can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist! Hope to have pic's up soon.
April
Old 04-15-2005, 04:08 PM

Default RE: Hi haven't been here in a looong time! Also WI T zone issue

Sounds like a cool experience. i hate it when people dont follow regulations though. they give hunters a bad name and leave less game for the rest of us. also, congratulations on your bucks, must have been a great season.

so are you from WI?

cant wait for those pics.

Chris
Old 04-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back a-board!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Brushbuck,

Old 04-15-2005, 10:10 PM

During Wisconsin's T-Zone hunts bucks can be taken with gun by people currently in the military and disabled hunters. I'm not saying this is the case of the 11 point buck you've referenced, but it's a possibility. I can't see posting a picture of a buck taken illegally. I don't know the story, but it could be this situation.

Congratulations on the 11 point, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Paul
Old 04-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Spike

Thank you for the welcome back and the info on the military's hunting rules. I hope the Tzone buck was taken by a soldier good reward for serving our country.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

The buck could also have been shot in the CWD zone.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a nice 8 pointer opening day of Wisconsins T-zone hunt last season. CWD zones allow buck harvest.