Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity" >

Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity"

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity"

Old 04-15-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity"

Fellow hunters,
I don't whether or not you read the magazine published by Buckmasters. Well last winter, I monthly magazine from them and as I was reading through the magazine I stumbled upon the article titled, "Window of Oppurtunity." Some of you may have seen this but for those that didn't, I would like to share my thoughts on it. This guy shot a very nice buck from a window in his house and was very, very proud of it. I find this rather unethical... I also can't believe that Buckmasters published this guys story... How ridiculous is that? The last time I checked, hunting was conducted in a field or in the woods.
Thanks,
Scott
Old 04-15-2005, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity"

I would never do that, number one I like to be outdoors and doing the work that goes along with killing an animal. Number 2 I don't think its legal here. But it may be legal for that individual to do that. I guess to each his own.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:44 PM

not alot of challange involvued in that. sounds like something Jackie Bushman would do, would be alot harder than shooting them in a pen

slayer
Old 04-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't call that hunting at all! I guess if you are in it strictly for the meat, it would fill your freezer, but there is certainly no thrill and sport of hunting involved from shooting a deer from your house. Buckmasters has published a few articles like this that in my opinion, give hunting a black eye! Every time I hear of one of these articles, my opinion of Buckmasters, and Jackie Bushman goes even further down!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:01 PM

this is not hunting in my opinion. i am pretty sure it is illegal in where i live. like stated above, there is no sport or challange in it. this is the kind of stuff that gives hnting a bad rap. why would a hunting magazine publish this stuff? where was it, in texas?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:15 PM

Sounds like Bushman is at it again. You know what I mean, have the
best outfitter, have all his scouts & guides do all the leg-work.
Put your blind or stand in place. Put his little butt on a new atv.
Give him free lodging, and, oh yes free food. Tell him there is
no charge cause it's gonna be on TV. Well then what would you
expect????? I think he has really blurred the line between hunting
& making money. In Kentucky we take our hunting seriously
but that aint hunting.[:@]
Old 04-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

ok, when you build your house in the country, in an area where the deer are, and you are in your house and see a monster buck walk by....you aren't supposed to shoot him because it's unethical?. So if i'm hunting deer and a big bobcat steps out, i'm not supposed to shoot him because i'm hunting deer?
If i'm drilling for water and strike oil am i not supposed to make money off of it because i was drilling for something different?
Sure, it isn't likely that you will kill a b&c buck from the living room but if one should happen by my house while i'm say, having my morning coffee and i can get to my rifle in time.....he's going on my wall.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seriously doubt that it is illegal in any state! Unless it was inside the city limits! It is not hunting though! This is really not a question of legality, or even a question of would you/would you not, shoot it! But it is not the stuff that a "real" hunting magazine would print as a "hunting" article!
As I said before, I have no respect for Bushman, or his groupies, Buckmasters!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Two thoughts come to mind after hearing this. The first is that...some of those hunting ranchs have dang near a house built for hunters to hunt out of..chairs, countertop, windows, heaters, radio, fridges, everything you could imagine. I like the comforts of home but thats not what hunting is about. I could understand if its below freezing temps, to get out of the wind and cold, but you don't need a small house constructed. If you get a joy out of that then your not a true hunter. The next thing that comes to mind, is yea I would like to have a little tower constructed in some places I hunt. The reason being is so I could get a high vantage point and see more deer. If I see a deer out in the distance, you can bet that I will be climbing down and putting a stock on that animal. All that it would need is a floor, walls, roof, and a place to see out of...Anything else is unnecessary. Thats just my two cents.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I seriously doubt that it is illegal in any state
It is legal In pa. in your own home or anyones home you got permission to do so. You can hunt in Pa under the safety zone distance of a structure with permission from the land owner. So legally since I have a huge plot of woods behind and in front of my house ,but each neighbor is under the 150 yard safety zone law from my house. If I have permission to hunt It is legal to shoot from any 3 of the homes.

Quick Reply: Buckmasters Article, titled "Window of Oppurtunity"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.