Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bad Stealth Cam

Old 04-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Bad Stealth Cam

Went out this weekend to check my cameras. And for the second time i had a full set of pictures and went to get them developed and they were all blank. Now I have used the camera before and pictures came out fine. All of a sudden its detecting motion but not capturing a photo. I have 2 other stealth cams that also have trouble detecting motion. Wondering if anyone else is having problems with these cameras.

Beyond that does anyone have a camera that they have used for over 1 year that has had sucess. I dont want to take the digital route yet because i would rather purchase more cameras at a time. But I will try a digital out later down the road.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad Stealth Cam

Aliens.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 04-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Just a thought,Do you have grasses near the camera thats setting it off?
I had Trouble with my camera the one time and so I got to checking and the grass blowing set it off,Or is it that there is nothing at all on it?
Old 04-09-2005, 10:19 PM

No, its not capturing anything at all... i have gotten good results 1 time from the camera. Now when it detects motion the count on the camera goes up but it doesnt take the picture. This is the 2nd Stealth cam i have had problems with so im going to take them all back and get new cameras. Not sure what kind though, let me know if you have any suggestions
Old 04-09-2005, 11:20 PM

Wow that sucks.. I've heard bad things about the Stealth cams.I bought a Moultrie digital and so far so good. It sucks to spend that kind of money and get boned.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds to me like the film is not advancing. Try painting one os the teath on the film advance wheel take a few pictures then check the wheel. You will have to waste a roll of film to do this but maybe you can figure out the problem. I had a problem with one last year ,after shooting two rolls it would no longer register that film was in the camera. Called stealth and they replaced it.
MAke sure your cameras don't face the sun, this will mess with the motion sensor.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:31 PM

Thanks hammerman, going turkey hunting for the week... I'll mess with the cameras while im out there.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:27 PM

Is it cold where you're at this time of year. I have a 1.3mp digital stealth and when the temps drop below 30 degrees or so the flash dosen't cycle. I've never heard of the issue with 35mm stealths but it could be the case. Out of curosity, what cam do you have?
Old 04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Sounds to me like the film is not advancing"

Agreed - if the pictures are black - you probably developed an un-exposed roll of film.

FH