Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Disappointed..New Development = No Access! >

Disappointed..New Development = No Access!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disappointed..New Development = No Access!

Old 09-16-2002, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Disappointed..New Development = No Access!

We have been hunting the same area for well over ten years. It has everything we need as deer hunters. Permission and off road access that ends one mile in the woods as well as a good population of deer, moose, black bear, coyotes etc...One month ago things were the same. Sat afternoon we discovered both access roads were under new home development and access would be denied very soon. We don't want to hunt these area, we just want to drive in to the land that we have permission. But to do this we would now be trespassing. Because this new road will be private, it really hurts our chances. To get into our areas from another direction, is possible but may not be feasible. I'll be going to plan "B" as soon as I know what that will be. I have read other post here on this very subject and now I know exactly how they feel. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them, in the meantime I apologize but I just had to vent.....

Old 09-16-2002, 09:49 AM

Default RE: Disappointed..New Development = No Access!

It is against the law to land lock property, you will still be able to get to it, for as long as you have the owners consent.

Hurry up and wait.
Old 09-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bruce is right, they can't landlock any property, there has to be a easment of somekind for entering the locked property. Check with the land owner they should know about it.
Old 09-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have access to the property from another way then they can deny access through thier property as long as it is not public a rightaway. Land can be landlocked in this state ,a lot of pieces were landlocked from years ago and you can't force access through the neighboring property .
Old 09-17-2002, 08:26 AM

Jimmy---just ask the new land owner`s for permisson to travel through their land, be polite & tell them who and how many people you have in your group & when they wish to come and see what they say. They may perhaps be very acommidating to you and your friends. If not the land owner who`s property you are hunting on should at least have a right of way to his property so that you or he can access his property . Hope it works out for you, annie.