Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Craziest shed I've found all year >

Craziest shed I've found all year

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Craziest shed I've found all year

Old 04-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Craziest shed I've found all year

Great Shed. Nice find. Like to see the owner of that under my bowstand!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Wow! great lookin shed, hopefully u can find him next season huh ?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:36 PM

How long do you wait after season to look for sheds?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:09 PM

I don't believe for a second that is real. Look closely at the photo. It is not a doctored digital photo. They just held another antler (or piece of one) behind the main beam. Notice how he always needs two hands to hold it. You also never see the actual split or intersection of the horn. Also, his hand is always hiding where the interscetion should be. Just a couple of kids with nothing to do. Also, most four wheeler I know would have crushed that horn.

This type of stuff make me question the validity of this website.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is pretty nice!!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 AM

Eclipse

May or may not be real. If its real they can post up a photo with the junction visible.

FWIW though, double beams are not that uncommon. I don't hunt all that much and have seen 3 here in TX. My nephew shot one that had double mains on both sides except one was snapped off already. I was hunting a wide 12 point one fall when we looked into the field and there was a double beam on one side and my buddy has always wanted one so we let him shoot it. And another friend has video from last fall of one that was too narrow to shoot by our local rules. Excepting a youth hunter shot it by mistake later on.....

So while this one may or may not be, they aren't that uncommon just to not believe it period.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:50 PM

So what did you do to your arm? Gotta be a good story there!! Oh.... Nice rack
Old 05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think Eclipse could be right.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM

I know double beams are not uncommon - I also know this one is not real. No harm done. Like I said, Kids having fun. Although, lets not OOOH & AAAH over something fake.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM

Eclipse

Don't get mad at me, glad you aren't yet. I've looked the photo over a fair amount. It could be a fake. Thats a given. Funny you don't see the junction on either picture. Yet as I look at it there is a bunch of tension holding the second beam. And it appears that the actual main beam is not resting on his arm in the first picture. While there is considerable pressure from the injured arm holding the main beam between 1-2(IIRC). After looking at that, he would have to be holding a considerable amount of weight in strange places. IF I were doing this the end of the main beam would be resting on my right arm solidly while grasping it lower with my left hand. Then it would be supported and I'd only have to hold a spike lightly in the right place. As it stands now there is a bunch of pressure on the "fake beam" and if thats correct it would almost have to be attached to deal with the pressures given, or at minimum a good balancing job.

I'm only looking at it from the opposite opinion of you though. Not that it matters much. Guess it would be better to have the kids messing with photos than other things....

Jeff

Quick Reply: Craziest shed I've found all year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.