Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-09-2002, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Albino Deer?

Most of your Albino, White and Piebalds are going to be a bit smaller then a regular size deer.

North America Outdoors
www.naoutdoors.com
Old 01-09-2002, 07:52 AM

ive only seen 1 mixed colored deer a plebald i guess white with brown mixed..in FRANKLIN COUNTY believe me that deer wont last long way to many hunters there...i too think the PURE ALBINO deer should be protected....

35calbill
Old 01-09-2002, 08:23 AM

my friend shot a true albino (pink eyes and all)6 pointer!
Old 01-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

I may be wrong, but as I understand it, here hunters are spouse to shoot both albino and piebald on site. I’ve seen pics of 2 piebald harvested and my brother shot one last year. They were small and sickly looking and in the case of the buck its rack was malformed. I think our DNR wants them out of the gene pool.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:57 AM

Yeah, you SHOULD shoot an albino or piebald on site. They are FREAKS! They are a very bad part of the genetics. Come on people, have you ever heard about the kid who shot a huge 10 point buck that was albino. A woman sued him because "it was her reincarnated husband" the judge threw it out because it was "a joke". An albino is JUST a deer. You can't eat that hide. Most people just toss it out.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-09-2002, 11:07 AM

After 32 years of hunting, saw TWO different albinos this year. A small 7 point and a yearling doe. Funny thing about the doe , she was with her mother and another yearling that was normal color, probably twins. The deer were not sickly looking, about normal size for the age. No one shot/checked either one this year. Could have killed either one this year but did not know regulations on them. Looking forward to next year.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:20 PM

my dad saw one about 5 years ago but i too think that here in Texas, we can shoot them year rouind if we see one. i think i read that they are genetically inferior also. they get the same rap as spikes around here.

jackye
Old 01-11-2002, 01:35 PM

I have not seen a albino deer, but yes there can be albino deer. Any thing can be an albino, with the exception of a few organisms. Albino is just a genetic mutation that does not allow the organism to produce melanine or any other pigments.

I do have some really cool colored deer that frequent my land. They are all bucks that are too small to shoot yet, and they have a real light wheat colored coat. Im curious what they are going to look like in a year or two.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Sig

I have seen one white buck. It was a blacktail in northern California. It spent the entire summer on a hill overlooking town. Never did hear what happened to it.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:55 AM

albinos have pink noses and eyes ive heard....and i think that deer with black on them are also caleld piebalds im not for sure on that though

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.