Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What Would You Do ?

Old 04-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Default RE: What Would You Do ?

If I'm in snake country I step up on the log and not over it #1. If I were in that situation I'd back away as quickly as possible without making any sudden moves. I got within 5 feet of a pink rattler while on the tonto plateau of the grand canyon back in 2001. I was about 14 miles from the closest road when I heard him rattle from just in front of me on the trail. I back up and yeilded plenty of room to him as I passed.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I would do the same thing.
Chuck
Old 04-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pick up a short stick and pop his head.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:42 PM

I would turn, jump, and run as fast as I can and hope that I have an extra pair of underwear!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:10 PM

They would find me lying there D.O.A next to a steaming heap of shat. Hopefully the snake would sufocate.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I hate snakes. I mean really really hate snakes. I would do everything in my power to get out of there without getting bit.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM

My uncle and cousin actually had a run in with a ratler in Martinsburg, PA.

I don't really know the full story behind it but I believe they were walking in(or out, I dont know) and they stopped to rest and then next thing they knew there was a rattler right infront of my uncle. My cousin smashed its head in with a rock and they got out of there.

My uncle said he was scared ****less lol..
Old 05-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, I never understood some peoples need to kill every snake they see. The way I see it, they are there minding their own business usually laying in the sun trying to raise their body temp when we come strolling through. We walk up on them, they start to WARN us and what do some people do then? They smash the living daylights out of the thing and then go home and tell all their friends how they narrowly escaped death by beating a snake with a rock. Snakes can strike half their body length but venemous snakes rarely choose to do so. It takes too much energy for them to create venom and the last thing they want to do is waste it on a non prey animal. I just wish more people would let them live rather than beat them with sticks or cut their heads off with shovels.