Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Now This Maaaaaaakes Me Siiiiiiicccccck >

Now This Maaaaaaakes Me Siiiiiiicccccck

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Now This Maaaaaaakes Me Siiiiiiicccccck

Old 03-30-2005, 05:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Now This Maaaaaaakes Me Siiiiiiicccccck

ORIGINAL: Grantwood

there are deer hunters, then there are deer killers. i quit watching those hunting shows because of things like this.
Ditto .
I've seen some pretty disturbing practices on those shows , and their penchant for high fenced ranches sickens me anyway . I quit watching them altogether since money is now their only focus , not hunting . [:'(]
Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem is that potential hunters who aren't hunters yet see these shows and think that it is acceptable. It's like these guys only killing bucks that are B&C 160's. How often does that happen in real life?
Old 03-30-2005, 11:47 AM

people like him give us hunters bad names
Old 03-30-2005, 11:49 AM

once it was watchin buckmasters and they were caribou hunting he missed one on a little island no bigger than a house and it was just stone's. he was about 30 yards away on land and shot at it and missed. then they showed the so called bull he got it was in the middle of the tundra and this one was smaller than the one he shot and there was no water in sight!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The amount of so-called "professionals" making video's these days are rising. The amount these "professionals" who really aren't professionals are rising also. In the past 2 years I've seen a big increase of instances in TV or shows where the hunter is not using ethics or setting a good example.

I wish there was a 2 strike rule. Do something unethically in a movie or show, and get a strike. Do it again and be banned from being video-taped. We don't need these guys running around respresenting the sport or educating the people of the sport in this fashion.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:27 AM

i agree that there are alot of people out there who dont belong. the way i see it is if i am out hunting and shoot at a deer, and might have hit it i will wait it out. perhaps another deer, much bigger, and a buck, i would take a smart shot at it. but no way in hell would i leave without checking for blood, hair, or and sign of a hit.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah there's definately something wrong with this picture. that's just wrong.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:31 PM

I know that there are some pretty bad "hunters" out there who get paid to shoot huge deer and even then wound them. But there are also some good hunters who have shows who make clean shots and hunt public/private land.

Not everyone is an enemy.

I do agree that some of the stuff mentioned on here is really bad though.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah some of these guys are just dumb!!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:06 AM

Shows are ruining the sport. These people hunt for the wrong reasons!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.