Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

H.E.A.T.

Old 03-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default H.E.A.T.

Hello, As most of you have probably read the -->Time to Join H.E.T.A.<-- post I thought I'd start a new thread. The name HETA is just asking for trouble & confusion.. so, it's time to come up w/a different name. I was given the suggestion of -->H.E.A.T.<-- Hunters for Ethical Animal Treatment. I like the name for a couple of reasons.. put some HEAT on the "anti groups", you could join the site & then you would be "In Heat!" LOL J/K What do you think? If you can think of any other name's please post them.
Thanks, Phil B.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Default RE: H.E.A.T.

you have a very good point there sniperp1. H.E.A.T does sound better and probably would not create that confusion. sorry i can't give any other suggestions on different names but i don't have a very good imagination when it comes to names and things like that.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:46 AM

wow sign me up sounds like it would be fun to be able to tell my wife watch out I am in H.E.A.T
Old 03-15-2005, 04:59 AM

What about North American Fish and Wildlife Conservation Club. It would help recrut non-hunters too.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:25 AM

Yes, while recruiting non-hunters as well would be nice, I just can't say "Nafwcc"... "Heat" is easy to say!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:39 AM

It was just an idea that hit me this morning while I was getting dressed and figured that the anti-hunting groups usually have acronumns that make a word but things like N.W.T.F, and R.M.E.F are known as conservation groups that also support hunters. I know some people that won't join a "hunting" club but will join a "conservation" club.

Like I said it was and idea that i thought i would put out there for people to think about.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:50 AM

My bad, Andy. I wasn't trying to say your idea was bad, just a little kidding around. I too know lots of people who will not join a "hunting" club but would join a club that endorses conservation as it makes them feel as though they are doing something good while the hunting club may have a negative connotation to them. It actually sounds like a very official name for a club, I would be surprised if it were not taken already... my initial searches came up with nothing on this name so I guess it's fair game!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:56 AM

Well I know that Wildlife Forever is basically everything that we want to creat.

Check out their website at www.wildlifeforever.org and read a little about them. If you think what we are talking about is a good idea I would join them too. It is only around $25 a year for a basic membership.