Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Wisconsin Conservation Congress Hearings April 11th >

Wisconsin Conservation Congress Hearings April 11th

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin Conservation Congress Hearings April 11th

Old 03-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Conservation Congress Hearings April 11th

To the moderators, I urge you to place this at the top until after April 11, 2005.

On April 11, 2005, the Wisconsin Conservation Congress will be holding their annual spring meetings. At these meetings, we will elect officers to the congress, and vote on over one hundred (100) hunting, fishing, and trapping regulations, advisory questions, and resolutions.

It is important that ALL SPORTSMEN ATTEND THESE HEARINGS.

Due to excessive media coverage of a single proposal, (“Feral Cat Hunting”), and the media’s misrepresentation of the proposal, there are now millions of anti hunting dollars pouring into Wisconsin. The anti’s intend to elect their people to the Conservation Congress, and squash not only the feral cat proposal, but also to introduce several new resolutions aimed at further restriction of hunting, trapping, and fishing state wide.

As sportsmen, we need to unite against a common enemy. Whether you favor feral cat hunting or not ISN’T the point. We must unite to keep the Conservation Congress in the hands of the sportsmen, and not allow a single issue to divide us allowing the anti’s to concur us. We need every sportsman, his/her spouse, neighbors, and children over 18 years of age. As I stated, there are $$$ flowing into Wisconsin now and true sportsmen are in danger of loosing their lively hood.

If you are a member of a Rod & Gun club or any other sportsman organization, please talk to your leaders/executives. Get them to send a mailing encouraging all members to attend these hearings on April 11, 2005, to defend our rights. Write your local papers and encourage all hunters and fishermen to attend.

WE NEED EVERY VOTE!

Thank you
Old 03-13-2005, 07:54 AM

Default RE: Wisconsin Conservation Congress Hearings April 11th

Yes the message needs to get around and fast! No one has said they are going, to far for me!
Old 03-13-2005, 11:23 AM

I plan on going with my dad. Gotta get out and express our opinions on the issues. I think this feral cat deal has been blown out of proportion and the liberals and anti's are having a field day. This in no way was for there to be hunting cats. It's just asking to change the designation of feral cats to an unprotected species, making it able for anyone with a small game license to shoot them. it's not HUNTING, it's REMOVING them from the environments that they destroy. Either way, whether its legal or not, i think people that have half a brain will continue to kill feral cats like they have been doing. I think any cat that doesnt have a collar should be fair game. Even barn cats. they kill too many song birds. And when it comes down to it, what do we want more:some mangy feral cats or beautfiful,entertaing songbirds? easy choice for me when that ***** cat comes slinking through the CRP grass.

slayer
Old 03-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am only 15 unfortunatly but the word needs to get around fast i agree. These anti hunting ppl are stupid, and out of control. However, they can't get us to stop hunting. Hunting pours millions of dollars each year into the state. the state would never allow a ban on hunting, but i agree they will have tighter regs.