Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

peta=hippies

Old 03-09-2005, 10:58 PM

Default peta=hippies

i just visited the peta website at www.peta.org in response to moosehornhunter's post. i understand their cause when it comes to cruel treatment of animal in lab tests, poachers, and so forth, but a line needs to be drawn when it comes to hunting and fishing. yep even fishing too. they don't like it either. the amount of CRAP that i skimmed over when looking at their anti-hunting and fishing topics was just unbelievable. they want you to believe that hunting and fishing disrupts natures balance and endangers the existance of the game the we hunt. they say that about 5% of our countries population hunts and it is disrupting this balance. five percent of our countries population is a large number of people but do you think it is enough to disrupt that balance and endanger the existance of the game the we hunt? as for fishing, fish come a dime a dozen, they are all over the place. shouldn't there be a line drawn some where. anyway, if you want to have your head filled with crap just visit the anti-hunting and fishing portions of their web site.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: peta=hippies

They are mental midgets
Old 03-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

wanna join my PETA club?? My club is for People Eating Tasty Animals though
Old 03-10-2005, 04:28 AM

it says 25 years of helping animals but they havent done vary much have they and they wont when they take away hunting is the day i die!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

25 years of stealing from animals is more like it! If hunting and fishing organizations didn't have to waist so much money fighting these idiots that money would go towards improving habitat or preserving land or studying something that would help the animals in nature and the anti's money could be used to go after the people really being cruel to animals! You know ... the people fighting dogs or starving thier pets or beating on thier pets with a pipe! Man these people just don't get it! [:@]
Old 03-10-2005, 08:35 AM

Here is a little backround on what they are costing hunters and conservation. As most of you know, Maine was forced to deal with an all out asault against bear hunting this past fall brought to us by the Humane Society and the Friends of Animals. Here is how the money played out. To defeat this referendum it cost 1.7 million dollars. Of that money, 64% came right from the pockets of Maine residents, the remainder came from out of state support like SCI and Sportsman alliance. On the flip side, 93% of the money that funded the referendum came from out of state, the majority from Humane society and the friends of animals. The fact that 80% of all conservation in this country is funded by hunter and fisherman is lost on most people. That 1.7 million could have been better used in this state to fund conservation and habitat improvement, instead we had use it to fight to keep our rights as hunters. The anti's are only all to happy to spend our money in ways that does nothing to benifit wildlife I encorage everyone to read the latest issue of American Hunter magazine. They have a great article on the big Anti Hunting organizations and where they get thier money and how much they have. We should be educated on this subject, you will eventually be confronted by someone who will need to be set srtaight on the real facts. So please arm yourself fo future assaults, get all the information you can. Yup, we kicked their butts this past fall in Maine, but they are already planning the next attack. Bowhunting will the be the focus of the Humane society and the friends of animal, they want to shut it done, nation wide. They are also starting to target fishing as cruel, evedence of this appeared in the Portland press this past week. Be vigialent, get the facts and fight back with everything you have.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Eider

They are also starting to target fishing as cruel, evedence of this appeared in the Portland press this past week.
I think it is GREAT that they are doing that!!!! It just makes them look more foolish and turns more people off to them! Here in CA, even normal (nonhunter) people refer to people like them as "weird peta types" or "peta types" as in "I'm no peta type, but I don't want to see animals tortured."

Really, guys. Very, very few people take these guys seriously--and they just keep digging themselves a deeper hole. They must have the worst PR firm in the world.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:46 PM

Ahahaha...."Wasn't Hitler for animal rights" under their FAQ....Oh boy, let's take a look here, since Hitler was for animal rights, that OBVIOUSLY makes it good, eh? I nearly threw up after reading that garbage in the FAQ....
Old 03-10-2005, 03:12 PM

Years ago I used to rodeo and those stupid fools used to show up and try to boycott and pickett us then those fools would stand there and not move while we were trying to get in the contestant entrance. You basically had to bump them with your truck to get through. We are talking about people to stupid to get out of the way of a moving truck. How do we expect them to see the truth behind conservation
Old 03-10-2005, 03:30 PM

in reply to highdesertwolf. ya! that's what i am talking about!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.