Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's time we all join PETA

Old 03-13-2005, 06:59 AM

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

(121553) 80% of our population is undecided as far as views on hunting, meaning these 80% of our population is sitting on the fence post and could fall either way, that being pro or con associated with hunting.. We the (sportsmen) represent the other 20 %
Bobby, these numbers don't really jive. If 80% of the general public is on the fence and if the remaining 20% are hunters, where do the anti's fit in? They have to make up at least part of the 80% you mentioned.

To all who have added to this thread: One important fact exists about PETA that we all need to remember. This group believes that animals should not be killed- period. They play on everybody's emotions by showing video clips of animals being tortured (an act which disgusts me, by the way) but the bottom line is that they feel that animals shouldn't be killed and that hunting them for "sport" is a horrendous act committed by blood-thirsty savages. Any tree hugging radical who joins PETA cannot be educated about hunting and as far as I'm concerned, there would be no use in trying to befriend them.

On the other hand, organizing a hunting organization like HETA (although I wouldn't want it to be similar to PETA in any way, so I'd prefer a different name) would be a great idea. The public needs to understand that hunters love animals- both on the hoof and on the plate!

P.S. A couple of you guys need to watch your mouths. Let's keep the language clean or the mods will shut this one down.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your right Jimbo. Having re-read that I slapped myself. [:@] I typed it wrong. 80% of the population is undecided and 10% are hunters and the other 10% are anti's. Sorry about that. [&o] This imformation is provided by the The Bowhunters Education class here in montana. Bobby
Old 03-13-2005, 09:00 AM

Gotcha Bobby. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Peta is not the only problem out there. Look at this filth I found http://www.all-creatures.org/cash/taah.html
It amazes me how people can twist the truth around.
A hunter is someone who follows the rules and laws. Once these are broken you are no longer a hunter. But a criminal!
Would you call a father of 15 kids a serial rapist?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

another horrendous thing is that (according to that website) the contributions to C.A.S.H. (committee to abolish sport hunting) are tax deductable??????
How the hell can something like that be considered a charitable organization?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

hillbillyhunter1. Here is a Quote from a letter in Re: to a woman hunter's letter on their web site.
QUOTE,
"Animals are not there for us any more than women are there for men." END QUOTE.

Okay?!?! Then.... I guess we are all supposed to all be??? I say we all the quit "making baby's" & we will see just how long the human race last!?
Later, Phil B.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

exactly bfnc2003,

In my opinion this post should be deleted
Why delete it? Free speech, Bro!

Better idea...everyone join NRA. For lack of a better choice it's probably the largest organization that supports hunters/gun owners. Why reinvent the wheel. If the NRA doesn't focus enough on something you desire, then attempt to join the leadership of that organization and redirect its efforts. Better yet...run for Congress. That's where the power is!
Old 03-19-2005, 12:55 AM

Giving PETA a cent or joining their organization I agree would be the worst thing a hunters possibly could do, but I do agree that something has to be done to reduce the abuse of animals throughout the world. That being the creation of an organization like "HETA" possibly. Yes, the footage on PETA's website is heartfelt by anyone who has a feeling within their body, but how the footage was created and for what purpose has to be taken into account. If PETA created the footage to further their cause, a decent possibility, how does this represent the majority of the world. I know there is inhumane treatment of animals throughout the world, but to what degree, I'm sure not to the degree PETA's website is wishing to portray. Us as hunters have to understand that our sport is in danger each and every day, and will be forever, there will always be radical minds out there against any killing of any animal. Thinking that overthrowing PETA and other alike organizations would end the danger our sport has and will encounter forever is unrealistic. We as sportsmen have to continue to support our pro-hunting organizations and introduce young people to the sport, there are less and less young people in our sport, that lack of numbers in the future I believe will be the biggest threat to our hunting sports as anti's start to outnumber sportsmen.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:20 AM

What Does Peta stand For?

People
Eat
Tasty
Animals
Old 03-20-2005, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

Just don't forget one thing. They will do everything in their power to remove your rights to hunt. The only way they will be happy is if everyone becomes a vegetarian. Thats the cold hard truth. Their is NO happy medium with them. Animals HAVE to die to become meat. And that is what is on top of their agenda.
this is sooo true. they say they are for you now, but for every hunter that joins them, that is just more funds that they have to fight against us

Quick Reply: It's time we all join PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.