Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's time we all join PETA

Old 03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

dont get all weepy over those videos...its been proven time and time again that the peta zealots THEMSELVES filmed and committed many of those acts, just to further thier cause,.

absolute scum of the earth, right up there with chuck schumer, rosie odonnell and the clintons.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

So which is less energy, To sway them over to why I bowhunt, or to take the defensive approach, and stand for my rights and confront them and then take them out of control? The mind set of these people do not view management in forestrey /animals as it needs to be managed, it would be like tring to straighten out a crow bar to get those treehuggers to support my bowhunting. We have organizations out there already that support our effort and suggest looking into these organizations that already exist to promote our sport, and if you don't belong to any, these anti's are going to win because they show the inhumane aspect of hunting unless we do something about and only in numbers are we going to be heard to make a change. Good luck on your endeavor, Bobby
Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 AM

I'm not sure but I think some of you guys are missing the point. What I am saying is that PETA is very vulnerable. It is highly possible that if a new group or organization was formed, one that was more realistic, that PETA could be weakened and overtaken.
Think about this for a minute. PETA was obviously formed by some very passionate people. Those people stand for the farthest position on animal rights. The membership grew in this organization because they were filling a niche, not because the membership believes in everything they stand for. I am willing to bet that the majority is actualy the opposite of what we have all made them out to be. I am willing to bet that the majority of PETA supporters do eat meat, and wear animal products like leather, and I am also willing to bet that alot of them couldn't care less about hunting. What they do care about is the same thing that all normal human beings care about; things like those videos on their site. I am willing to bet that the majority of people that send their money in do so in hopes that it will stop the activities along the lines of skinning animals alive and such. It bothers me that both sides have an all or nothing attitude.
If an organization could be formed that would address the true concerns of animals, not Joe Blow killing a deer to eat, I believe that the masses would follow that organization. Both hunters and non-hunters alike. Don't tell me it doesn't bother any of you that right now there are atroscious things thad do happen to animals and the simple fact is that we as hunters really can't do anything to help cuz supporting the organizations that exist is like cutting your own throat.
It's a time for change, and a time for new attitudes. Hunters need to show the world that we do care. PETA is in a position right now to be undermined. If all we do is complain, we will get nowhere. We need to give the people another outlet, a sensible outlet, then they will have choices. Right now it's like a town that has one store. You have to go there to get your stuff. Give the people another store and they will shop their! Espescialy if it is more in line with what they want.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

PETA is a joke at best ,
and probably the best friend that hunters ever had in the fight against the ARFs . Every stupid stunt they pull to get publicity only makes the other ARFs waste more money on damage control that could have been spent screwing us out of a hunt . Let them act like fools , when they do every ARF outfit suffers . They are a constant source of embarrassment to the rest of their kind .
Old 03-10-2005, 09:16 AM

Kevin...PETA is not a joke. They just take it too far. Would you like to be able to donate to an organization that was aimed at stopping the true cruelty that some animals are forced to endure? I know i sure would. But there just isn't one out there that doesn't lump hunting in there with skinning live animals and finding homes for homeless and needy animals. If there was an organization that would not attack hunting yet would appropriate your funds to help suffering animals and inhumane practices involving animals, would you not proudly be a part of it?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now there are bigger individuals out there that will take away our hunting rights from the community as a whole, than PETA. They just don't try to do it in a direct way like Peta.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

In this new organization, who would define inhumane? What others may consider inhumane may not be mine. This is why we have so many organizations out there now fighting against each other because none of them can agree with each other. If you can find a common link between the anti's and us, good luck, Bobby
Old 03-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Let me just tell you that joining PETA would be just about the worst thing you could do for your hunting rights. Any money you pay them will IMMEDIATELY go to curtailing hunting (especially bowhunting, which they now have a campaign to end). They are also currently aggresively trying to ban black bear hunting, duck hunting, and pheasant ranches.

If you’re looking for a club to join, join the NRA, Ducks Unlimited (yes they lobby for deer hunting too), Whitetail Federation, etc. If you give PETA one shred of support and you are a hunter, you, my friend, area a damned fool. Animals aren’t skinned alive every day for ANY reason. They just find the worst, most shocking and gruesome videos they can and say “see, see, this is what happens at mink farms, etc.”

In truth, most americans view peta as a complete joke (this includes politicians) and to tell the truth, with every publicity stunt they pull they hurt themselves even more.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 AM

BZONE....Let me make myself very clear..I named this thread It's time to join PETA just to catch everybodies eye. I do not suggest, nor does this thread suggest, that any of us go out and join PETA. Joining PETA would absolutely be the most counter productive move any hunter could make. This thread is about change. This thread is about the future. This thread is about moving foreward and giving both the hunting and non-hunting public what they truely want, and i firmly believe , although it is not my motive, that the hunting community would benefit astronomicaly from this change.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

BZONE....Let me make myself very clear..I named this thread It's time to join PETA just to catch everybodies eye. I do not suggest, nor does this thread suggest, that any of us go out and join PETA. Joining PETA would absolutely be the most counter productive move any hunter could make. This thread is about change. This thread is about the future. This thread is about moving foreward and giving both the hunting and non-hunting public what they truely want, and i firmly believe , although it is not my motive, that the hunting community would benefit astronomicaly from this change.
The hunting community would not "benefit" at all from any, and I mean ANY, association with the likes of peta or hsus. When peta put those videos on the internet, they were propagandizing. Those things just don't happen everyday, except maybe on the part of a few sickos. Forget about it.

That leaves peta's other issues: Vivisection (medical experiments on animals), pet abuse, and veganism. Personally, I'm all for vivisection. If the excruciating suffering of 100,000 monkeys every minute could save one person from the pain of arthritis (or any other debilitating, painful disease) then I'm all for it!! Their vegetariansm stance is poinless and will never work...meat consumption is up 20% in the last 6 years...it's a no win situation with them and that's why you don't really see them pursuing it much (compared to "easier" issues, like bear hunting over bait). There are the authorities to deal with pet abuse...you don't need to give your money to peta to stop that.

Quick Reply: It's time we all join PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.