Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's time we all join PETA

Old 03-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

WARNING:very disturbing footage
www.kfccruelty.com [:'(]
Old 03-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I can see that some of you would rather just complain & sit back & do nothing, while some of us try & help our sport! If you don't want to help.. FINE! You just sit there & do nothing & watch what happens to OUR sport! PETA & other groups have one thing in mind, and that is to stop ALL forms of hunting & see to it that we lose our rights to keep & bare arms!
Something has to be done to help.. Moosehornhunter had the idea of coming up w/a group like H.E.T.A. (Hunters for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.) I think it's a very good idea! It would be a place for us (the hunters) to teach & inform the general (non-hunting) public about hunting & show them that WE are not just "senseless killers" & that we do care about the humane treatment of animals. It will take a LOT of work but, I truly think it can & should be done.

We need to STOP fighting each other & START helping each other & DO SOMETHING!!
Later, Phil B.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

Hey Rem....Go f$ck yourself
Good morning Moose. I'm gonna hafta decline your suggestion. I find it more amusing to "****" with you as you so delicatley put it.
So, have you beat anybody up yet today? No? That's okay, the day is still young.

On a more serious note, PETA is a dangerous organization. Even though hunters and the general public recognize them for the nut job extremist that they are, they still use the courts successfully to challenge and endanger our rights to hunt. Any proposal to join them is ludicrous. I'm glad that Moose has backtracked on his earlier statements and I think the proposal for a organization like HETA is a good one. The real solution is for every state to pass right to hunt legislation and this is currently happening. Unfortunately there are many activist judges legislating from the bench and a solution has to be found for this problem. Activist judges that ignore the constitution and the will of the people have overstepped their boundries. IMHO, this is the real problem.
There are many organizations that promote safe and ethical hunting but I'm not aware of any that reach out to the public for the sole purpose of showing the good that hunters do without being offensive to nonhunters at the same time by way of talking about technigues, etc. on how to kill more animals. Properly structured, HETA could be a great way to educate the nonhunting public. That should be it's only focus, to educate the nonhunting public.

Moose, it's been fun but I'm gonna have to move on dude. The verbal jousting is starting to get a little creepy. Sort of like internet stalking or something. You take care of yourself, be cool and try to keep the body count down to one a day.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Spike

anyone know the number of PETA members in the US vs. the number of hunters?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jip40

anyone know the number of PETA members in the US vs. the number of hunters?
Jip, 80% of our population is undecided as far as views on hunting, meaning these 80% of our population is sitting on the fence post and could fall either way, that being pro or con associated with hunting.. We the (sportsmen) represent the other 20 % and peta's celebrity cook book alone has 700,000 members, but the actual numbers are not clear until a person pays there $12.00 fee. Maybe we need to send a spy to the other side of the battlefield. [&:] Bobby
Old 03-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Spike

i like the idea of us hunters joining PETA and using our overwhelming numbers to change the organization.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Spike

the only bad thing is we get no publicity and their money probably heavily outweighs the amount we possess
Old 03-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

exactly bfnc2003,

you guys are crazy if you think you could ever take over---maybe you could, after many years and many millions of dollars spent--by that time everybody would be so old they would forget why they wanted to do it in the first place---I'm sure they have a board of directors that determines their backward path and its not a democrasy where everybody would get to vote or something---get real-----In my opinion this post should be deleted
Old 03-12-2005, 07:56 PM

Make or send the picture of the website to peta! It would be funny!
Old 03-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jip, Just may be on something. Maybe we should have a few selected members to spy on the opposition. It would be an undercover organization. Maybe we can form a special elite force called the "Dirty Dozen" and infratrant (sp?) the enemy, gather intelligence and report back. Bobby

Quick Reply: It's time we all join PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.