Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

It's time we all join PETA

Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 AM

Default RE: It's time we all join PETA

BZONE....exactly my point. There needs to be another organization formed all together. The membership of which would pull from the PETA ranks.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: moosehornhunter

BZONE....Let me make myself very clear..I named this thread It's time to join PETA just to catch everybodies eye. I do not suggest, nor does this thread suggest, that any of us go out and join PETA. Joining PETA would absolutely be the most counter productive move any hunter could make. This thread is about change. This thread is about the future. This thread is about moving foreward and giving both the hunting and non-hunting public what they truely want, and i firmly believe , although it is not my motive, that the hunting community would benefit astronomicaly from this change.

Moose,
So you don't want to join PETA? But didn't you post-

"Seriously though folks...PETA in and itself is actualy very necessary."

"I just wish that they would abandon there position on hunting so we could all team up together and stop the senseless killing and torture of animals..."

"Something has to be done here to get everybody on the same page. If PETA and hunters could get together on the issue, the world would definately be a better place for all."

"I would like nothing more than to support any organization that protects animals from the cruelty that they endure. And there are many many others just like me. In fact, most hunters love animals. If organizations such as yours would wise up to the fact that your opposition are actually your comrades in disguise, the world could and would be a better place, where millions of animals would not have to needlessly suffer."

"If organizations like yours would just abandon the opposition to hunting, your organizations would become our organizations, and we could all work together for a common goal, to stop needless and senseless animal suffering."

"Not all PETA supporters are vegetarians, or off the wall freaks. I would venture to guess that the majority of the members are just like you and me."

And then you tell Bzone,

"BZONE....Let me make myself very clear..I named this thread It's time to join PETA just to catch everybodies eye. I do not suggest, nor does this thread suggest, that any of us go out and join PETA. Joining PETA would absolutely be the most counter productive move any hunter could make."
Old 03-10-2005, 11:33 AM

BZONE....exactly my point. There needs to be another organization formed all together. The membership of which would pull from the PETA ranks.
So what exactly would this organizations' purpose be? To stop the killing of bunnies on video? Fur? what?

Is there anybody on this board who wouldn't buy their lady a fur coat?
Old 03-10-2005, 12:21 PM

Is there anybody on this board who wouldn't buy their lady a fur coat?
I bought my wife a mink coat last year, and I was darned proud of doing it. She looks great in it.

Anyway, I think I see the basic point--that in some ways, there is common ground between hunters & PETA. For example, we'd probably agree that torture or abuse of animals is wrong.

But I think we'd also agree with gun-grabbers that kids shooting kids is wrong.

The problem is in the next part, which is, "What do you want to do about it?" PETA wants humans to cease to exist (except for themselves); gun-grabbers blame the guns, and want to take them away from everyone, including us law-abiding citizens.

Such basic philosophical differences can't be bridged by discussion or gentle persuasion.

I'm sorry, but any group that believes "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy" isn't a group I could ever imaging joining, because I think their "reality" is way, way, way too detached from mine.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:51 PM

gee wiz, nice video.....I sure hope the cybernanny / cybersitter folks/products block that site.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok so we don't team up with PETA as an organization...we start another, more sensible organization. Not all PETA supporters are vegetarians, or off the wall freaks. I would venture to guess that the majority of the members are just like you and me. It's just that they have nowhere else to turn. If a more rational outlet was made available, I'm nearly certain they would utilize it.

My aunt was a huge supporter of PETA before she passed away. So much so that she gave all her money in her will to PETA. She ate meat, in fact she loved a good steak. PETA is flawed, and many PETA supporters know this.
Start another org to recruit the best/worst of both worlds?

That's all we need is some useless organization floundering around without a clear direction trying to broaden the scope of its base

you know how you have to broaden the scope?--you have to make the objective and policies more benign and thus more pleasing to a larger group of people. Hell, you can't even get most hunters to agree on a lot of subjects---take the whole USO-Taulman fiasco.

Oh you have a clear direction? Well then, as Bobby said earlier, can you define where the inhumane treatment begins--veal farm? mass chicken houses? medical experiments?

Sounds to me like your aunt's thinking was what was flawed. If you couldn't convince her (did you try?) to do something more rsponsible with her money, how do you think you can convince all those animal rights nutjobs?

If you want to join something--try the NRA--heck, you can't even convince some hunters to do that.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:07 PM

Sounds to me like your aunt's thinking was what was flawed. If you couldn't convince her (did you try?) to do something more rsponsible with her money, how do you think you can convince all those animal rights nutjobs
Convince her, heck he probally killed her!!!! LOL

How about it moose, what's the body count for today?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Spike

I think we should all focus on respecting and conserving ALL HUMAN LIFE first.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Hey Moose, do you belong to the NRA? Any org. that helps support firearms and firearms sport? If so maybe you should get more involved with one of these org. and not stir up all this trouble about PETA. We as sportsman have enough problems without dividing ourselves down the middle on a subject like this. Not one hunter I know takes pleasure in seeing an animal of any kind suffer, but that doesn't mean we should all try to "liberate" PETA from their views. Sounds like someone wants to sleep with the enemy....[:@]
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Allcamo....I am not trying to split the ranks, our ranks that is. When I refer to PETA and getting their support, i am not speaking of the leaders of the organization, I am speaking of the followers, the ranks if you may. As far as hunters go, an organization such as the one that I am proposing would be a win win situation. It would show the general public that we as hunters are not just killers, but compassionate human beings. It would offer a more sensible approach to animal rights as well, that I believe would hold us in a more favorable light to the general public. It would also give us hunters an outlet , a safe outlet, to do our part in stopping true cruelty to animals without endangering our way of life. I can't see one reason that any hunter would be critical of this idea. Its long overdue.

Quick Reply: It's time we all join PETA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.