Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Boone and Crockett OR BTR ..which is more fair? >

Boone and Crockett OR BTR ..which is more fair?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boone and Crockett OR BTR ..which is more fair?

Old 03-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boone and Crockett OR BTR ..which is more fair?

Slayer its obvious to me you do not read just real well because I asked this question and the first point I made was "LET ME FIRST SAY I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR EITHER SCORING SYSTEM " and the ONLY reason I posted this question was becasue I had mixed feeling about the score they gave me so if that is "WHINNING" then yeh I guess I am but I appreciate a smart mouthed yankee like you pointing that out to me. Why would I have even posted this question if I was totally satified with the scoring that I got from them? They explined to me how they did their scoring and it made since to me so I wanted to ask my friends on here what their opinion was ...there was not wrong or right answer as far as I was concerned ...
Old 03-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

"LET ME FIRST SAY I AM NOT AN ADVOCATE FOR EITHER SCORING SYSTEM " and the ONLY reason I posted this question was becasue I had mixed feeling about the score they gave me so if that is "WHINNING" then yeh I guess I am but I appreciate a smart mouthed yankee like you pointing that out to me.
Easy with the name calling. He is just a youngin who still has some growing up to do.

BTW wasn't your deer a "yankee"?

I like the scoring systems in place by P&Y and B&C. I tend to pay more attention to gross scores then net scores though.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

well Buck my deer did come from up north is all honesty ...WAY up north in Canada ...and if he is "just a youngin" he should have respect for his elders ..
Old 03-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can agree with you, most all of his posts have the same cocky nature to them.

Although I don't really think he tries to come across that way. It is hard to tell ones intent just by reading posts, you can't see any "emotion" in the written text.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:18 AM

doc death, i apologize for getting you so fired up, it's just that that is how i interpreted your post. like buckeye mentioned, its hard to tell one's emotional intent from reading text. yes buck, i spose i got some growing up to do. but i certainly think i can know what im talking about.

I dunno, back to the topic. My overall feeling on the buckmasters system is that its just publicity for Jackie Bushman. Nothing more and nothing less. B&C has worked without problem for years. If it ain't broke, dont fix it.

slayer
Old 03-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Slayer no hard feeling on this end bro ... lets just remember this forum is for friendly discussion ...we may not always agree but we can keep it friendly after all we are a brotherhood .. maybe I was not clear about the question that I posted ...my intent was not to justify BTR or discredit B&C ...it was just a question ...
Old 03-13-2005, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirt2

The B&C system works for me. I do think spread should be a component of the system, but I can see an argument against the B&C deduction system.

Personally, I've always thought the serious shortfall of the B&C system is how it deals with mass. It really shortchanges mass for deer and elk, but oddly, for antelope it just about makes mass the whole ballgame.

Maybe we could add some mass measures to the B&C system. How about measuring circumference of the G1, G2, G3 ...
My sentiments exactly (sorry for the trim-job on your post Dirt2).

I vehemently agree with mass of points factoring into the equation, I mean, why should a pencil-thin tine score the same as a tine 2+ inches in circumference? Yes, I know the "H" measurements (circumference of main beams taken at several places for those in the dark) are regarded to account for this quandary...but they fall way short. And scrap any deductions regarding Non-Typicals. In fact, I discussed this very issue with a B&C Rep. on several occasions.

There is nothing wrong with improving on a system or a design, after all...I like the new wheels better compared to the old.

Bo
Old 03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

B&C..no question. Buckmasters invented that system to enhance their show.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bo I wish you would email me direct at [email protected] I would like to discuss this with you ..I have a few questions you might be able to help me with.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

Bo I wish you would email me direct at [email protected] I would like to discuss this with you ..I have a few questions you might be able to help me with.
Done, no problem.

Quick Reply: Boone and Crockett OR BTR ..which is more fair?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.