Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? >

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Old 03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

If you leave your vehicle for hours, days, or months then don't expect it to be there when you get back.
Common sense goes a long way silent. I am sure Ill is a good guy, but don't understand why he went as far as 5 stands before asking this quesiton. Depends on where you leave it. I wouldn't expect to get a stand back if I left it in any woods that are public. Especially where I grew up in Ky. You got to worry about them stealing it while your in the stand if fall asleep.

Old 03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

All this bickering, stealing or taking because you believe it's yours just cause you find it on public ground is EXACTLY why I stay away from public land if I can. This isn't meant to be a blanket statement for public land hunters, but where else do you find more slob hunters that don't give a shiat about common courtisy, another hunter and his equipment??? It's the complete all about me attitude that ticks me off. Guy walking out at first light cause they couldn't get their arse out of bed....walking around at prime time cause they are bored....etc. I just haven't seen a lot of pub land hunters that know their butt from a hole in the ground.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:41 PM
bigcountry

I just haven't seen a lot of pub land hunters that know their butt from a hole in the ground.
I have to agree Xtec, but I believe its only 10% or less of the hunters that give the rest a bad name. Hunters tend to remember only the bad ones

Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

I fully agree Big, but there are also a lot of people(probably like Rem) that will go out of their way and screw up their own hunt just to screw up yours. We've all seen them. Sure it's pub land, but not in their eyes. They think they own the woods, the deer and everything in it. Thus thinking that anything they find....they keep.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Common sense goes a long way silent
I agree with you but I was kind of exemplifying my point. Common sense would tell me if something isn't mine then I shouldn't take it. However, some seem to think that is not the case. So, if they are going to base their beliefs that if something is left there then it's ok to take it, then maybe they need to stop and look at it from another perspective.

I am sure Ill is a good guy, but don't understand why he went as far as 5 stands before asking this quesiton.
I don't either but it's his money and his stands so I won't make any judgements there one way or the other.

I wouldn't expect to get a stand back if I left it in any woods that are public
I would. I guess I just don't expect to be sharing the woods with a bunch of thieves but as some here have pointed out, apparently I am. I walk by peoples' stands quite regularly and pay them no mind and I guess I expect everyone else to do the same. I guess that is what sets me apart from some others here. As a matter of fact we leased some ground a few years back and the previous lesee left a climber on the property. No one from our hunting party would take that climber home with us because it wasn't ours and we weren't brought up that way. We leased that property for 3 years and when we left that stand was in the same place that it was when we got there.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Spike

Dittos guys. Maybe the state should sart requiring some form of inteeligence test before handing out a permit, LOL. Its just too bad some of the die hards have to put up with this bull. But like i said its all i have. I cant go anywhere else. Ive always had respect when on public ground, any land for that fact. Ive always been respectful enough too acknowledge other hunters and couldnt even imagine trompimng around while someone was hunting near by, let alone invade thier stand site that they took the time to scout, clear, prepare and hang. I guess Im a different breed. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:59 PM

Illinois hunter is violating the state regs and by his own admission is doing so in an attempt to keep other hunters from enjoying the same public woods that he is attempting to hog for his own. These are his own words
"I have taken a lot of deer from this spot and if i dont leave a stand out it also an open invitation for anyone to take over. Im not wanting to give the spot up."

These are facts fellas. Silent assassin is arguing this like a 3rd rate attorney with a degree from Craphouse University. He can do all the what if's and maybe's he wants but the facts are still the same.

Moose, your analogy about stands in the woods and trucks in a parking lot was right on brother! You thought that one up all by yourself didn't you?

Illinois hunter, let me help you out here. This is what some of the peckerwoods down this way do on public land that they want to claim as their own. Instead of leaving expensive stands in the woods they just tear the small WMA signs off the trees and repost it with a private property sign.
Seriously dude, I'm just yanking your chain a little. I think that your attitude about your special spot is wrong. It is PUBLIC LAND. I'm sorry that your stands have been stolen but after the 2nd and 3rd stand I figure even a hardhead would stop leaving them out there. That must be one sweet hunting spot.

Well boys, I gotta go now. I hear there is a butt whuppin with my name on it down some lonely forest trail. I'd hate to keep a couple of stone cold killers waiting.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silent assassin is arguing this like a 3rd rate attorney with a degree from Craphouse University. He can do all the what if's and maybe's he wants but the facts are still the same
rem,

You wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the head which ironically enough is most likely what is going to happen to you if you don't quit trying to play "boss of the woods"
Old 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM
bigcountry

Dittos guys. Maybe the state should sart requiring some form of inteeligence test before handing out a permit, LOL
No don't take it that way Ill. I guess I just look for the bad in everybody where I grew up.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:32 PM

i would have one climber if i hunted with stands and take it with me.

Quick Reply: 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.