Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? >

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Old 03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

True, just seems to make sense. Said he wants to hunt when off work.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

rem,

First of all that would make you a thief and no better than the person you are condemening. Second, I suspect you would do this whether leaving stands up was legal or not. Just because you hang multiple stands doesn't mean you are claiming spots. You still have the right to hunt there. That doesn't give you the right to start messing with peoples equipment. IMO that makes you lower than anything this guy did. Third, if you took my stands down for any reason and I found out about then you better be prepared to scrap everytime you walk in the woods because that's what we would be doing whether the DNR officers were present or not.
Assassin,
Why don't you stop spilling dumbazz all over yourself. The guy is violating state regs and is apparently too stupid to know it as evidence by the fact that he comes here and complains about people stealing his stands off PUBLIC LAND. He further states that he is a game hog and you want to defend that? And you can infer in my post that I am a thief? What part of theivery is taking the tools being used by a game law violator and turning it into the proper authority? And you think I'm impressed with your internet threats? Why don't you just shut the .....................
Old 03-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's regional, but we are taught one thing in the Northeast...

You leave something on public property, do not expect it to be there when you come back looking for it, whether it be hours, days or months.

Public property is just that...PUBLIC. Not sure how Illinois law reads, but I know that in NY and CT, when you intentionally leave objects on public land you lose all claims to vandalism, destruction and ownership. Hence, you purposefully left the stands behind...in NY & CT you lose your rights to even complain to the police. They'll take your complaint, and tell you to stop leaving your stuff where people will steal it...

You leave it there for your convenience, expect someone else to conveniently wander away with it...

5 stands...come on man, if I'm a thief your my sugar daddy...[]
Old 03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

rem,

So stands on Public ground are public property? Also, is there a law against being a game hog? You seem to think you are qualified to make and enforce your own game laws so as you don't agree with anothers hunting methods. Well that makes you worse than anything this guy did IMO. You keep that attitude up and one of these days you are going to run into the wrong Ol' boy out in the woods and he is going to explain all that to you in a way that you won't have any trouble understanding. Like the old Hank Jr. song says......."attidtude adjustment it'll work everytime". You start taking people's stuff and thinking you are going to dicatate who is allowed to hunt and how, then you are going to find that out the hard way!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it's regional, but we are taught one thing in the Northeast...

You leave something on public property, do not expect it to be there when you come back looking for it, whether it be hours, days or months.
You're right it must be a regional thing becasue around here we're taught if it ain't yours then you don't mess with it. If you take something that doesn't belong to you then you are a thief.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:55 PM

REM....you are a fool. I don't care if it's public or private, you don't touch what does not belong to you. I hope you get your face broke, and sooner than later. Also...where the hell do you get off calling this guy a game hog and a poacher? He's a poacher cuz he leaves his stand up? Your an idiot.
Illinois...i'm serious brother....booby trap the things so the perps get seriously injured. That will solve your problem, and give you piece of mind and satisfaction.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:57 PM

REM...so i guess if you park your truck in a public lot i could take that too....You are such an idiot.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Spike

Dont be so fast to judge me. This is state ground so as you may or may not know, as a "special hunt area" theymake and ammend thier own rules. Stands have always been allowed to stay out all season untill this year, as the forest manager does not want the liability of the theft on his back.
Rem- Your pretty harsh. You dont know me. You dont know that i only use one stand at a time. You dont know that i pass on many a small deer every year, or that i always take the chance to share my hunts with family, friends and youngsters, or that i donate my food to the hungry, Or that im one of the hardest workers youll ever run into, or how much time i spend in the woods scouting so that i may have a succesful outing. But then again i wouldnt want a big mouth, psycho like you to know me. Dont be to quick to judge me.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Don't listen to his bullcrap Illinois...he is obviously one of those angry little men that doesn't want anyone to shoot a deer but him. He must be alone alot I would guess. I mean, I can't stand him and we never even met.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a good point for you guys that thinks OK to take anything that is left for one minute on Public Ground. When you leave you vehicle to go hunting and you come back and it's gone then I don't want to hear any complaining from because
when you intentionally leave objects on public land you lose all claims to vandalism, destruction and ownership
Remember you said it not me.

If you leave your vehicle for hours, days, or months then don't expect it to be there when you get back.

Quick Reply: 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.