Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? >

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 5 STOLEN STANDS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

If I caught someone in my stand or my wife, I'd break their face. (And their arms, legs, and whatever else i could get to snap)
Where's your stand at so I can test this? You can have my ex wife. She was lame anyway.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Hey Moose, what's up tuff guy? So, how many men have you killed today? LOL

Hey dude, did you see my parking lot post? Sooooo, whaddya think? You gonna let some guy screw you out of a good parking space or what? Or are you gonna kill the dude?
Old 03-09-2005, 05:17 PM

I'd beat the snot out of the robber with the first peice of the stand I see.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Good Lord!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe what Im reading, we are hunters or so I thought maybe the PETA plan is working divide and conquer, We all gotta stick together or we aint gonna have any rights to hunt. Come on guys chill out take a deep breath and think about what you have said. Its us against them not us against us.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rem7400 2
Jack,

Thanks for reposting my original. After reading it again I see why some of the fellas are pissed at me. It does appear that I'd steal these stands for my personal use. Let me assure all of you guys, that is not what I meant. I am not a thief. In my post, I meant to infer that I'd turn these stands over to DNR. In your cut and paste above you left out a portion of my original post that said, "Oh, by the way. I really appreciate you putting your name and address on them for me. It makes it alot easier for the Illinois DNR to track you down."
This was my way of saying that I'd turn the stands in to DNR. Upon review I can see how you guys interpreted what I typed. Rest assured, Rem7400 is not a thief, he just can't type very good.
Turning in a cheater is a whole different story than stealing something we believe belongs to a cheat. Misunderstandings are part and pacial considering the media we use to converse. That is a big reason why I always try to quote something I am responding to and even edit to the specific portion I am concerned with.

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

You don't say exactly where this state land is. Could you please post the county? This would help.

Why is it that no one can see what is obviously a very likely scenerio here, atleast IMO. Instead, the usual "tough" guys are doing their same old internet threat thing. Here ya go Rem, another keyboard across the back, followed by a brutal series of mouse lashings and a hard drive pile driver. Rem is reeling from the beating he's taken here folks! Rem has to pay close attention to his opponent in the ring while watching his back for the always menacing good old boys! Can he survive the double teaming by Moose and Ass ass in? (The reigning, self-proclaimed tag team champs) Or will he loose the World PC Heavyweight Championship? Stay tuned!

I think that a phone call to the local CO would be way overdue! CO's will take stands left out in plain violation of the rules. No they don't put ads in the local paper's lost and found section either, so you ain't gonna find them posted there. They don't leave nice little notes on your windshields. They don't post signs at the parking areas or on telephone poles. Just throw them in a pile and if you come asking about them, they might let you come and pick it up. Might. See, they are not required to return it to you whether your name is on it or not. They just don't see themselves as an equipment return or delivery service.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-10-2005, 07:26 PM

I know that sucks, and i would be extremely angry, but its public land. not much you can do. start learning to hunt from a climber. if if i was ever forced to hunt public land, no way i would leave a stand up.

slayer