Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Kind of an off-the-wall question, but . . . >

Kind of an off-the-wall question, but . . .

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kind of an off-the-wall question, but . . .

Old 03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Kind of an off-the-wall question, but . . .

Actually its not really an "off-the-wall" question.. You never know until you ask.....

As others have stated, your cat, or cat hairs on you will not bother the deer. I have 5 outside cats and atleast 10-12 deer in either my yard every morning and evening, the cats do not bother them. I do have to lmao on occaision when one of the cats gets a tad to curious and one of the deer will run it off the hill full tilt boogie!

Deer also ignore my Wolf/hybrids that are on cable runs outside and there is even a little button buck that plays with our Argentine Dogo pup in the evenings. ( She is 9 mnths old and weighs 87 lbs. the button buck is from last Spring, now.... that is a hoot to watch. ) Guess I need to get a new video camera battery.

Be more worried about covering your own scent.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 PM

Would the presence of cat hair on hunting clothes
First off
My cat will get skinned alive if he got fur on my camo.

1 cat
3 dogs
Old 03-07-2005, 06:47 PM

You outta be okay as long as the feline doesn't spray any of its love nectar on your clothes. I don't know of ANY live beings that like the smell of that God awful stuff! [8D]
Old 03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The deer never seemed to notice me any more than normal if I had cat hair on my hunting clothes. I always pet the cats when I'm headed out coyote hunting. The coyotes think they are smelling an easy meal.

I've only got one cat left. He is about 16 or 17 years old. I found another cat, Baxter, while feeding cattle. I had him for about a year and a half until an owl got him a two weeks back.