Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Scent wafers for clothes storage >

Scent wafers for clothes storage

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent wafers for clothes storage

Old 03-02-2005, 11:28 AM

Default Scent wafers for clothes storage

I have rea alot about using scent wafers for storing hunting clothing. I went to BPS about a month ago looking and did not find any, of course did nnot know a brand name or anything. Does anybody hae any suggestions on what brand is best and where to get it. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent wafers for clothes storage

Hunters Specialities (H.S) is the brand name. They are a great product, I've been using them for many years..... just remember NOT to put them in and contaiminate any carbon clothes articles you may have.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:28 PM

Thanks, but is this the correct product http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...results1.jhtml
Old 03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used the earth scent wafers last year for the first time. I just put one in each of my plastic totes that I have. When I went to get my stuff out this hunting season, I just about passed out when I took the lid off, the smell was really strong. I didnt see as many deer this year, and I think that might have had something to do with it. I couldnt hardly stand to have my camo on.[:-] I think this year, I am going to just put some branches and some leaves in with my stuff.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, them are it bud!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

I used to spray my clothes and then store it but it never seemed effective. I recently started using scent wafers (only 1 per rubber maid container) and my clothes always smell fresh and earthy. I think they are a great product.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been using the Freah Earth scent wafers for years ,
and I love them , wouldn't go out without them . Whether I'm gun hunting from a pop up blind or bow hunting on foot I think they really help mask your smell . The sex scent version is a joke though , and the acorn and cedar discs don't even smell remotely close .
Old 03-03-2005, 08:15 AM

Thanks a lot, saves me a lot of time this weekend. Seems like everytime I go to BPS or Cabela's, I get the guy who just started or doesn't know the first thing about hunting. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 AM

Take my advice.......They taste like crap!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to disrupt the market for these scent wafers, but I've had more luck taking my clothing, washing it in scent free detergent, then putting it in a large sealable plastic storage box (about 3X2X3 I think) and taking leaves, branches, and berrys from the area that I hunt and place them in among the clothing. Since I've done that I have never had a deer wind me, and have actually had them come directily under my stand and mill around!

Quick Reply: Scent wafers for clothes storage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.