Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

haul out your kill

Old 03-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: haul out your kill

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

man u people lazy quarting deer? unless its a bear moose or elk u dont need to quarter it. u may be out there a long ways but i would rather make one hard trip instead of 4-6 trips packin it out
Well, I'm not too sure what terrain you are hunting in, but when I say "quater and pack out" I'm talking vertical territory in Montana and we hike in on average five miles before we hunt, no ATV's or vehicles allowed. I can tell you if you've never hunted this way you will not pack out a mature muley buck for 5 miles up and down. Once you quater and/or bone out you reduce the weight three-fold or more. This is the standard procedure out there, and you do it in one trip, not 4 or 5.