Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Bow hunters addition Tree Lounge >

Bow hunters addition Tree Lounge

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow hunters addition Tree Lounge

Old 03-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow hunters addition Tree Lounge

Hey,
i'm thinking about getting the Tree lounge for bow hunting. Just wondering if any of you have tried it, or used any of the tree lounges. Is it stable.? quiet? How is it shooting out of it with a bow, easy to climb. carry ? Just would like your 2 cents... thanx
Old 03-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow hunters addition Tree Lounge

Get the video and watch. The standing platform is about 5 feet away from the tree on the end of the treelounge, just bobbin out there.. They may be comfortable to sit in and shoot a rifle, but I'm not too sure about the safety of bowhunting from one.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've used a Treelounge for several years. I've loved it for sitting and shooting a rifle! I finally got around to buying the bowhunting platform, and I am very disapointed! To me it is too small, and as Timber said, you stick out too far away from the tree! Also, if you are not careful, when you go to stand up, it makes a clicking noise.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

tree lounge is comfortable but i'd rather climb a tree bare handed than with the tree lounge very hard to climb with even harder to come back down.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

wow... that comes as disappointing news. Thanx for you info tonz!!!... would you recomend a different stand for bow hunting ?
thnx for your info.. it really helped alot
Old 03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

You may have a better response from the bow hunting forum. Its hard to beat the comfort of the Summit stands. Get a free Cabela's catalog or look online and look at the seats and platforms of the different makes. Best situation would be if you have some friends with climbers that you could try out.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

The tree lounge is a great stand except for the weight (I used an older heavier version). BUT, I hate how far out from the tree you are with the bow hunting platform. Look into a summit or API. I use the API bow hunter with the open front and love it!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is a noisy setup and if not done correctly noisy going up and down a tree as well. For all day comfort though it would be very hard to beat. YOu would stick out too far from the tree with the bowhunting adapter for at least my taste and unless you were very high would be real apparent to any animal you were looking to shoot. You would be better served with a Summit/OleMan/Timbertall/Lonewolf/Buckshot type of treestand.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know I keep looking at their add on this site and that gives me the creeps. Something about that design makes me uncomfortable.

I really like my Summit.

Can you imagine standing up in a good wind and trying to steady your self for a bow shot?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

for bowhunting i like the ol'man multi-vision.