Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Asking for help

Old 02-25-2005, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Asking for help

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

I was wondering how you were getting SO many votes ... I had my deer in the same contest ...you do have a nice deer .... I guess I should have been this smart and solicted votes to .... day late and a dollar short ... I will vote for you though ..Im no "bad looser"
I understand these sentiments, and had Brad's buck been just a common 'whopper', I might feel the same way. But Brad's buck is so incredible, if the voting public hasn't enough wisdom and knowledge to vote for it, I think it's valid to recruit votes. I also believe the vote total is deserving even if padded a bit...I challenge you to exhibit a more deserving trophy from among the finalists.

I considered doing the same thing, but simply had no choice but to acknowledge Brad's buck as the worthy trophy that should indeed carry the day. Just my two cents.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Bo you are talking about a world record xbow harvest.

I believe number 10 all time in the B&C record books as well as a tie for our state record. Which Brad will have the record because the Kontras buck was never panel scored.

It takes a super buck to gross over 200 inches let alone net out over 200 inches as a main frame ten pointer.

Once again congrats Brad on a fantastic whitetail. Best of luck to you winning the optics.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RWK

Revival can you give me a e-mail at [email protected]. Thanks Rich
Done.

I appreciate it guys. I am simply a blessed hunter to be in the right place at the right time (the right place has exceptional genetics!).

From the contest rules:
If you are in the contest!
If you are one of the contestants in this contest, our suggestion to you is to get everyone you know to log on and vote for you. This is the best chance to get yourself some votes-
I like to follow the rules!

The forums have been awesome, it helps that I'm also a computing addict and love hanging out here. I have found a few exceptional forums where I will continue to hang, this is one of them.

I simply had to spread the word, my friends old and new (you guys) have really made me feel awesome by stepping up and futhering the communication. One guy on 4 forums, wouldn't do what has been done, but everyone each doing more than I imagined has. That is the objective of King's... To drive traffic to the site. We are doing just that.

I am now praying though that my vote has not been spammed more than Harmon's. It really will come down to the IP filter at the end.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Revival

I appreciate it guys. I am simply a blessed hunter to be in the right place at the right time (the right place has exceptional genetics!).
A key...no question. But the bottom line...you closed the deal at the moment of truth. There's a lot to be said for closin' the deal dude. Nuthin' left but the grats bro...well done!

I wish all of us could experience such a thrill...your humility not only enables others to share in it, but sets the benchmark. I'm genuinely happy for you.

As Buckeye pointed out, we're talking among the top all-time whitetail typicals ever taken...if one doesn't realize exactly what that entails...I could never hope to explain it to them.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of good trophys in the contest, but I don't see how you can compete whitetail, mule deer, and elk in the same contest, especially with different methods of harvest. The campaigning for votes slants the contest also. Some of the hunters don't have time or resources to campaign for votes.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW Bo you must be Brad's PR man ..your doing a heck of a sales job not that his buck needs it ...THAT buck says everything that needs to be said ..its a HOSS!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with you Timber ... My deer was in this same contest and mine may not have won anyway BUT it was a 180 class deer, when one guy gets 800 votes and one gets 15 votes you know something is ain't quite right ... I think one vote per person is what is fair ( the spirit of the contest ) ... BUT thats coming from a "sore" looser LOL ... Brad did do a GREAT job and havested a SUPER buck ... I just don't agree with having a PR man and soliciting voters ....
Old 02-26-2005, 09:49 AM

Lol, although I can be a 'PR guy' at times...this ocassion is simply motivated by conviction. When one appreciates the magnitude of the Jerman buck, I just don't see how one could arrive at any other conclusion...regardless of the method taken (and let the record show it was taken by a means more difficult than with a rifle).

I actually agree with you, I would prefer to have seen the voting limited to one vote cast (ever and in total) per IP address. I also agree that it's difficult if not impossible to lump whitetails/mulies/elk into one final category of voting, not to mention methods of harvest (but hey, it's their contest). Admittedly, I was irked in the early stages of the contest to see inferior bucks soar by mine in the voting.

We're all free to conduct a contest, we could even have a list of rules forty pages long and it would still be flawed to a certain extent. I suppose the point I'm making is the most worthy entrant seems to be winning this particular contest...therefore, justice is apparently being served despite the imperfections of the contest.

Of course, if Brad were inclined to hire me or to invite me to hunt...I'm all ears.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:19 AM

Just voted. I've got both Swarovski (8X56) and Leica (Geovid 10X42) binnocs - these days the Swarovski's get left at home. They're great for gathering light, but just too big to carry and be comfortable.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the votes guys!

The contest ends tomorrow @ 7 EST. If you can spare a minute:

http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/trophy_room.htm Vote #7

Then if you are interested ESPN just published a story.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/index.html

You all have been great!

Quick side note about vote solicitation:

The contest is all about recruiting votes, the web site's value is in getting people to visit. Taken directly from the contest rules: "If you are one of the contestants in this contest, our suggestion to you is to get everyone you know to log on and vote for you. This is the best chance to get yourself some votes-" I am a rules kind of guy and I took this literally. I went out and found votes.

I have put in quite a bit of effort into positioning myself for a possible win. If I had not, someone else would. I am very competitive by nature and really have no problem doing that. Blessed with the opportunity, whatever that is I will reach for it every time. I will not do it at all costs though. Contests are by the rules and hunting is by the laws.

Again I appreciate you all, advocates especially.

Brad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.