Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any one else find any sheds??? >

Any one else find any sheds???

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any one else find any sheds???

Old 02-17-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Any one else find any sheds???

I was out in my woods this weekend and I found a shed with 6 points on one side and a kicker coming down off the bottom to make it a 7 point rack. the base of it was 2 inches thick . are you guys finding any sheds yet. does any one know the best place to find shedsin your woods (what part of the woods).
Old 02-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one else find any sheds???

only found one so far and it is a monster will get pic and post it later
Old 02-18-2005, 05:17 PM

when did they start dropping them?i live in southwest va. and have never found a shed and was wandering about this also.what are the best areas to look for them?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:40 PM

they dont start droping here until about march (oklahoma )
Old 02-19-2005, 12:07 AM

Still waiting here in TX
Old 02-19-2005, 04:44 PM

I found 3 in Missouri on Feb 8th. 2 small 4 point sides, and one large 4 point side. That's been it! Never found one before '05.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son and I saw 5 bucks this evening and four of them had both side and one had only one side. I watched as they went in th ewoods and watched to see if any dropped but I could not tell. I told my son if they fell off we would go get them. (we were able to get on this land)
Old 02-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Here in Jersey we are expecting some snow over night so I'm going to take a walk and see where the deer have been moving. When the snow is gone I'll be back in those spots looking for sheds.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I went out yesterday to check my camera, and decided that it was a nice day for a walk. So I walked the edge of the property, and found the whole skull of a nice 8 point, it looked like it had been there for quit some time, all that was there was the skull, no other bones. I think it might have got cought up in the big flood the week before our bow season started, and drowned, it was kind of wedged under a dead tree. I played the nice guy, and gave it to the land owner, I new he would like to keep it, and since he wont take anything for letting me hunt there, its the least I could do.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

found another small 3 point yesterday

Quick Reply: Any one else find any sheds???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.