Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer on a daily basis

Old 02-15-2005, 04:59 AM

Default RE: Deer on a daily basis

i see them everyday..just this saturday i saw a nice eigth point while out scouting and i am looking forward to putting him on my wall!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on what way I am going. If I go over and see the in laws I see deer, on my way to both jobs, I do not see anything. Less than a mile away from my house my son and I go ride and we see deer any day we go. It does not matter what time of year, it still gets my blood moving!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 06:48 AM

I live about 5miles from a prison and they have around 1000 acres of farm land. You can drive by anytime and see 50 to 100 at times,mature bucks included. winter is the best time, after they yard up.Southern Michigan deer . Some guys find it to tempting and pay big for it. They float one of the rivers that run through it. You always hear about them every year.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, for sure. From say end of August thru full green up in spring.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 02-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer regularly almost everyday. There is a group timber surrounded by the city that hold probably 20 deer or so on a piece of property of 150 acres or so. There were 3 nice P&Y bucks there this year in the group. About 10 days ago only one of them dropped one side and the other 2 still have both sides. No hunting in City Limits though. Guess that what happens when the City grows around the deer.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Almost every day they are in the back yard at the feeder or either in the green field. Mostly does and fawns. The most fun to watch are the little spotted fawns. The other evening my wife was sitting on the front porch and a doe and three fawns were in the yard less than 5 yards from her.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM

Just about everyday. i live in the boonies and not alot of folks around me. all national forest behind me and for that my last five acres is behind me and it's all woods that looks like a park. i have deer that feed all the time right out my bedroom and living room window.
I drive 60 miles one way to work at night and see them on the highway mainly at night but some in the morning.

And I will not live in suburbia land so i guess i'll see them for a while no matter where i end up! but honestly when i was a police officer in a small city in s . arkansas i saw lots of deer in suburbia and some real good ones. they were just good at hiding during the day all at night!.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Spike

At least 5 days a week except for the spring when they are laying low. Dodge the 3-4 days a week driving to Pittsburgh for work. Had my closest one ever saturday night. That gets your blood flowing!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Driving on Fort Campbell I see them just about everyday. It's actually odd to not see them.