Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Famous hunters and fishermen.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Famous hunters and fishermen.

tom miranda is cool. that tred barta guy hes cool to he has a good motto hes way or no way . i pretty much like all the hunting ones now the fishing ones i hate ! everyone
Old 02-14-2005, 10:47 PM

I really don't like any of them any more. Especially, Jackie Bushman and Bill Jordan. IMO fame has gotten the best of them and it has gone to their heads.

I also have to agree with Double Lunger. I could watch the Benoit videos everyday. As a matter of fact, I practically do now. I've got their second hunting video on DVD and have just about worn it out. I can't wait until their next one comes out next winter. I had the pleasure of attending one of their seminars back in January and even chatted with them afterwards. They are very approachable down to earth guys and it comes across in their hunting videos. They do it all on public hunting land. Nothing fenced in. They are the real deal when it comes to hunting. If you haven't seen one of their videos. Get one and watch it. They only have two out right now, but like I said the next one will be out some time next winter. If you watch the first one, you may get the impression they are for lack of a better word, amatuers. Well, in a sense they are. Making hunting videos is something new to them though, but their on camera presence is much improved in the second video. It's pure deer hunting at it's rawest.

Mr. .45-70
Old 02-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DearSlayer357

What are some of the guys on tv you can't stand. I don't like Jimmy Houston much. What about you?
oh, i agree, that man just urks me ......
Old 02-15-2005, 04:06 AM

Since I had surgery on my arm and have been off work for 6 weeks, I have had a chance to watch ALOT of these shows. I like Realtree Outdoors, Knight and Hale, American Archer, A-Way Outdoors, Archers Choice, and BuckMasters for a few.
I can't stand: Team Fitzgerald, Tred Barta, Brock Ray, Shawn Chatham ( Chasing the Dream ). I don't watch too many fishing shows except Babe Winkelman and the Lindners.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 AM

Does anyone think hunting has gone to commercial?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does anyone think hunting has gone to commercial?
That could be one of the biggest under-statements I've ever read.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:40 AM

I like Jay Gregory, Michael Waddell and the Fitzgeralds (unlike most) and the Cambell Outdoor Show (sport of filming hunts) - I like this one because it encourages the shooting of does on camera as well

I dont care for Rodger Raglin, Shawn Chatum or Brock Ray (the biggest joke of them all)
Old 02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Jackie Bushman, Bill Jordan, Mark Drury, Don Krisky are on top of the list but overall it's just about all those TV show killers. You take anyone of the guys I mentioned and put them anywhere but on a ranch and lets see how many trophy bucks they kill. They've got money and they buy the deer/turkeys you see them killing.

Anyone recall when Bill Jordan first came on the hunting seen? He couldn't shoot a bow to save his life! The guy is a joke.

Now the Benoits! Just like Mr. .45-70 said, "It's pure deer hunting at it's rawest" My buddy puts on a seminar every year with the Benoits and you can get their videos books at his shop. He use to race snow sleds with Lanny.

Does anyone think hunting has gone to commercial? YES it most defiantly has[&o]
Early Dan Fitzgerald (before that obnoxious kid of his! he should have stuck to shooting groundhogs and keep him out of his videos), "Bowhunting October Whitetail I and II" with Barry & Gene Wentzell(sp?), Allen Altizer (sp?)"Eye to Eye" were some awesome videos
Old 02-15-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keith Warren Outdoors is at the very bottom of my list. As far as fishing I think Hank Parker is as down to earth as one can get.
same here

Jackie Bushman, Bill Jordan,
anybody know the real poop on jackie, i heard he used to be a tennis instructor he married into the ray scott family and ray got him into the buttmasters, just wondering, but its for sure like somebody else mentioned, it's all about the money.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drury Team is the best, I don't like Jack Brittingham, or anything to do with that production. Video's are a rip-off

Quick Reply: Famous hunters and fishermen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.