Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The Georgia Boys Are Dropping

Old 02-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Default The Georgia Boys Are Dropping

I found my first sheds of the year this afternoon. I decided to drive down to our farm for the afternoon, just to check on some stuff. Little did I know, that the antlers are beginning to fall down there. I have always begun looking around the end of february, but I decided to take a quick walk around a clover field. At the far end of the field, I found a nice 4 point side. I looked all around for the other side, but could not find it. While looking for the other side though, I did find a small 3 point side from a year an a half year old. Usually, we have spikes small fork horns so, three little points on the main beam (not including the .5 inch brow) seems to mean there are some good genes going around. Anyway, I decided to move on and drove to another area. Once arriving at the new area, practically crawled through a privet swamp following a trail from a food source. After about 100 yards on the trail, I saw tines sticking up about 20 yards in front of me in a small opening. Unfortunately, I couldnt get to it because it was so thick. Dont worry though...my antler finding dog was right next to me. I just said, "find it Kate" and she ran through the thick bushes toward it. However, as I watched her, she began to run back toward me with a different antler than the one I was looking at. I took the one she had brought me, and sent her back out toward the one I saw. She then brought that one to me, and I realized that it was my first pair of the year. Two nice 4 point sides. Definitely a good start to the year. So, the moral of the story, all you southerners, especially Georgians, get out there lookin'.

Btw, I saw a monster buck still with horns on my way out of the farm to come home. Yes!
Old 02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Georgia Boys Are Dropping

I haven't seen them yet, but the Wildlife Tech. on the North end of the Blue Ridge WMA found a heck of a nice set of sheds a week or so ago. I haven't found any yet but started looking this past week.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:49 PM

Hopefully I'll get down to our club in Dublin this weekend to start looking for em. We found a couple decent sheds from 2 seasons ago this year, and the bucks are getting bigger all the time
Old 02-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-14-2005, 02:59 PM

I found 3 4 point sides. One was big a few days ago here in MO. Seen a Roadkill 5 point that had both his Antler's... but he was dead down in the Creek. [:@]