Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Peanut Butter

Old 02-10-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Peanut Butter

Has anyone used Peanut butter to attract deer?
I have heard some good things about it. They love the flavor, high in fats and protein.

HT
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Peanut Butter

Kinda expensive bait though ...
We can't bait here .
Old 02-10-2005, 02:25 PM

yea i use it all the time the deer love it but like kevin1 said just a little costly. go to costco or sams choice and buy it in bulk.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

A good way to use this bait and cut your costs is to buy the BIGGEST and CHEAPEST plastic jar of generic peanut butter you can get. Go to your spot and pick out a tree for this set-up. Unscrew the lid and screw the lid, to a tree or sapling about 18-24 inches off the ground. A 3" deck screww with a small washer and a large body washer should hold it well. Without the small washer on top of the large washer the screw will just pass through the big washer Then remove the foil seal from the jar of peanut butter and then screw the jar onto the lid on the tree.....Now take a sharp knife and cut a hole in the bottom of the plastiic jar. This will allow animals (lots will visit this) to lick, scoop, slurp and/or abscond with the peanut butter in the now horizontal jar. The larger the hole you cut, the faster the peanut butter will disapear. I have cut the entire width of the bottom off of a LARGE jar and had it last 4 days in an area with pretty high traffic. If you cut a hole as small as 2 1/2" in diameter you will keep them coming back for a long time cause they have to work pretty hard to "tongue" the peanut butter out.

I haven't found it to be a lot more effective than other forms of bating though...just another tool to use.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

remove the foil seal from the jar of peanut butter and then screw the jar onto the lid on the tree.....Now take a sharp knife and cut a hole in the bottom of the plastiic jar.
Why remove the foil if your cutting the bottom?
Old 02-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Thats a good Idea, I hunt in Wisconsin somtimes, they ussually hunt over corn piles But they never come out during shootin hours .
Old 02-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

If i was a deer I would be dead , I eat a 5lb tub a week
Old 02-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just speewd, thanks cardeer
Old 02-11-2005, 02:23 PM

peanutbutter is awsome
Old 02-11-2005, 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

i just speewd, thanks cardeer
Obviously, some folks just haven't esperienced the comfort of a heaped up servin' spoon of Jif, when watchin' a tear jerker on tv. [:-]

Quick Reply: Peanut Butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.