Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

TV KILLS

Old 02-12-2005, 04:42 AM

Default RE: TV KILLS

My son will be 5 in 1 month. He has been going with me for 2 seasons now. Twice a season and at least once or twice scouting each year. He is happy with seeing deer and yote tracks and following them. He brings his lever action Red Rider. He brings this to learn muzzle control while hunting. If he does well we will take a few shots after a while at trees or whatever. we usually walk the woods or cut fields for 1/2 hr 45 minutes. Then we sit along a stone wall or on a hill overlooking a draw. That can usually last 5 minutes of being still and quiet. The next 1/2 hr or so tends to lean towards eating a snack and whispering back and forth and letting him use the can call a few times. Then it is about time to go home on a good day. Less than good day the sit part only lasts 15 minutes or so. On the way out I point him in the direction of the truck and let him take the lead to get us there. Of course along the way I will act like I am steering him around obstacles when I am steering him towards the truck. His face is priceless when he can see the truck through the woods and when he comes home and tells mom he led us out to the truck! It's all about our future and quality time outdoors with the boy. He is also one hell of a turkey caller. My buddy who he named "Huntin Buddy Uncle Jim" and him gobble and cluck back and forth at each other with a box call and by mouth naturally every time they see each other. The boy has taken a squirel with the pump bb gun which was off our deck and the rail of the deck used as a rest to assure a good shot that led to a quick humane kill. Tasted good too. I am hoping in 2 or 3 years he will be carrying a .410 or stocked down 20.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:13 AM

i dont like the way they hunt
Old 02-12-2005, 09:42 AM

tv is evil
Old 02-12-2005, 09:54 AM

are u sure its big horn outdoors cause if im thinkin right my mom banks with them and they dont let anyone under 18 i think hunt on there condsidering they just started pro
Old 02-12-2005, 06:23 PM

i am 14 and have got to nice bucks under my belt i have been with hunters scence i was old enoff to walk and untile last year wasnt able to hunt dont most states have age limets? i know mass is like 14 with an adult and vermont is like untile u have a certificat of complition from a hunter safty course and dont states have limets on deer an 8year old with 13 deer i think that is up there unless he goes and spendes abunch of money on diffrent states every year 13 deer for an 8 year old i now i am a lil younge and it aint realy my spot but i think that might be to many
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 PM

ELKINMTCWB
From the tone of your post you seem either angry of jealous.

Why cant a kid that young have killed that many deer? You are applying YOUR regional limitations and ideals to someone else. You would probably get very angry if you found that between my boys and myself we killled 8 deer this year. Had we wanted we could have, because of our management system in a severly overpopulated area, killed many more.

So what the guy spends money and lets his kid kill deer. You do the same, just to a lesser degree. Are you jealous that the kid and his father either live somewhere that they can hunt allot or that they have enuff money to hunt in allot of guided hunts?

Who was holding, or helping hold, that kids gun? Nobody. Who was holding or helping hold my kids gun? Nobody. That is why when I do take my kids, I take them to shoot houses so they can rest the forearm in the window. Any adult I ever met would do the same.

If you don't like the show, turn it off. Don't bash a kid and his dad because they have the resourses to go on more hunts in more productive areas than you.

You should spend more time taking your kid into the woods and thinking of ways to be constructive w/ him than grousing over some kid that killed more deer than you did.

Hank
Old 02-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

You should spend more time taking your kid into the woods and thinking of ways to be constructive w/ him than grousing over some kid that killed more deer than you did.
Hank, It woulkd be safe to say you have absolutely no idea how much time he spends with his kid in the woods wouldn't it?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:25 AM

Charlie,
If you would read the words, rather than the whitespace in between, you would see that I did not comment at all about how much time he spent w/ his kid in the woods. My intent was to point out that a more constructive use of his time would be to spend time w/ his kid than wasting it complaining about others.
R
Hank
Old 02-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

You should spend more time taking your kid into the woods and thinking of ways to be constructive
Gosh it sure seems like you commented on the time he spends with his kid in the woods.You didn't write this? That is an exact qoute of what you posted to this guy right? I swear those are words and not the whitespaces. Let me look closer, yup those are letters making up words.

I must have taken that the wrong way sorry.

When you said more time in the woods AND being more cosntructive that two different messages isn't?

All the man was saying was aaaaaaaaaaah nevermind.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

ahankster -hank

You do not get it at all. I live in montana,I do not know the amount of deer you can kill but it is over 20 with a bow.If you walked in to my houseI would be betting you would die. My walls are covered with antlars,my wifes and mine.We hunt as a family all of us inclueding my 1 year old little girl gets packed around.I am allso A stay at home DAD so I am normaly in the woods 4 to 6 days a week packing my little girl helping my son.At 4 years old he can identiy most any animal traks in a light snow.I have the abilaty to spend the HOLE seasion in the woods.

So I dout very much at all if my family is lacking in time spent with dad.

You miss the point all togeather. If a child is GIVEN things [LIKE 13 DEER at age 8].he in turn will expect to see and kill this much his hole life.He will allso expect difrant things in life to be like this. Most of us know this is not true.TO me this is JUST like lieing to the kids.He beleave this is what hunting is like for ALL people so when in school or life he will NOT try to get outhers in to hunting .BUt instead mock them becouse they only SEE 2 deer a year.You allso are missing the point THEY exploiting the kids for $$$.This is no difrant than pushing a kid to be a rock star,Me I would not like to see hunting us this way.

As for me bing JEALOUS you have got to be kidding.I kill have killed more deer with a bow than most of the tv people get to kill with a rifle.I allso get to kill elk bear and antilope EVERY year.MY son will do the same when he is OLDENOUGH TO HOLD THE GUN.and I just dont meen pack it.

The shows like this is what is making hunting NO longer hunting.Teaching the kids this way is [to me] not the righ way to promoat hunting.It seems to me that we the hunters are trying to get in to the same class as football players or rock starts.

IF YOU CANT HUNT BUY IT AT BILLY BOBS DEER HOUSE :}

FOR SALE
one
farm rased
DEER

Quick Reply: TV KILLS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.