Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question on deer cams

Old 02-07-2005, 09:28 AM

Default question on deer cams

I'm thinking about buying some deer cams this spring, but i dont know much about how they work I'm assuming that by some of the pictures I've seen that they must flash when taking a picture. My question is doesnt this scare the deer away? It just seems to me like it would and I would use one to find where the deer are not where they where! Thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 PM

Default RE: question on deer cams

In my opinion, I think the flash may startle a deer momentarily. I don't think it will scare them off completely. I've had multiple pictures of the same buck on the same night. Just my two cents. Trail cameras are priceless to me!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think that the flash scares them much, if any at all. Like trophybux says, I have multiple pics of the same deer on the same night. I have watched the deer activate the flash, . . .some pay it no attention, some alert to it and then settle right down. I think that for my next cam tho I'm going to go with the digital so that I won't have the developing to deal with.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:44 PM

the first roll of film taught me they don't mind it much. I had the camera set to go off every minute. I had assumed the flash would scare them off, boy was I wrong.

http://seahunters.org/gallery/12-14-04
Old 02-08-2005, 06:16 AM

thanks for the info, as I mentioned I'm looking to buy m first one, what ones are the best for there money. or ease of use. thanks again
Old 02-08-2005, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: bdbwtie1

thanks for the info, as I mentioned I'm looking to buy m first one, what ones are the best for there money. or ease of use. thanks again
get a digital. my film camera costs me about $10-12 per roll including film, developing and batteries. also a camera that takes "D" batteries over "AA" batteries is more cost effective.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:57 PM

I just ordered a Penn's Wood's digital. I will get if Friday, then in it'll be in the woods Saturday. I wanted a digital, so maybe this is a good one. We'll see.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:58 PM

A buddy of mine called me and said I should've ordered the Leaf River Digital, so I called Cabela's and changed the order. Maybe it'll be a good one. I've been using a $60 Stealth Cam with mixed results, maybe this will be the ticket!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:16 PM

I would call Cabelas and get your money back . Build your own , you will save money and have a great camera . You can go to Hags House and find everything you need to build one .

I am going to start selling them to cover the cost of my own cams .

Here is what they will look like .

Old 02-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Here are a couple pics from home made cams .

Quick Reply: question on deer cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.