HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Posting On Hunting Message Board (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/89559-posting-hunting-message-board.html)

jci63 02-07-2005 06:53 AM

Posting On Hunting Message Board

I myself enjoy posting on Websites about Hunting & Fishing. Sharing interest with other Hunters & Fisherman, sharing experiences. Because we live in a world of opinion, sometimes I find it hard to understand why some people are so negitive! Picking post apart until thier is nothing, but argument after argument. These boards to me, should be used to share our interest & experiences, not agrue. I enjoy reading other stories and experiences, I don't enjoy the constant bashing. Don't we get enough of that from the non-hunters? If you get your kicks from just getting people upset and aggravated, find another forum. Have some respect for the others who use this enjoy this forum and respect others!

Gryan 02-07-2005 09:15 AM

RE: Posting On Hunting Message Board

Perceptive for a new guy. ;)

It gets pretty bad. Now that hunting season is over it gets even worse.

Try what i do. During the hunting season, stick to the deerhunting board. The bowhunting board is the worst. Then in the off-season visit the off season board because the deerhunting board gets all heated up.

You will see who "cranks things up" and sometimes you can tell by the subject line. Just don't view those topics by those people.

Every so often I say I'm not coming back to the boards and I always do. I even have my "so long post" in a word file but I can't pull the trigger because the majority here are good people wiht genuine input and intrest. I learn a lot from them and it is fun to bat around a few "issues." Just pick and choose what you read.

I am surprised, 22 reads and nobody has hammered you for bringing this up. They must be taking it easy onthe fawn.:D

Greg

North Texan 02-07-2005 10:22 AM

Howdy jci63.

Take everything on here with a grain of salt. There are some topics that come up causing heated debate. This forum provides a place for hunters to debate their views with other hunters, out of the main view of the anti's.

You will see who "cranks things up" and sometimes you can tell by the subject line. Just don't view those topics by those people.
You can also block out certain people if you want by clicking on the little green dot by their name.

Jeff

Charlie P 02-07-2005 10:23 AM

I love this sport way too much to just go along with some of the stuff posted. I used agree with the big tent theory no more. Hunting is at a cross roads and many times I don't like where the roads go.

cardeer 02-07-2005 10:36 AM

Watch out for the political forum ,they chew people up and spit them out on there

Charlie P 02-07-2005 10:38 AM

If you get your kicks from just getting people upset and aggravated, find another forum
I really hate it when people try to others what to do.;)

kshunter 02-07-2005 10:59 AM

Rarely do I get fired up, I can only think of a couple times, when a fellow resident hunter would argue for the anti-hunting side, when it came to our Kansas Hunting Seasons. Didn't make much sense to me either. But I think on post like that, the whole attitude from the board feels the same way, and too bad, it wasn't regulated just a little bit more, to keep those type of topics under control, and within the guidelines of the board.

SquirrleBurger46 02-07-2005 05:10 PM

i like it too

SquirrleBurger46 02-07-2005 05:12 PM

please join my hunting competition. lots of fun!

Racor 02-07-2005 09:46 PM

I will give opinions if asked or it appears the topic is asking for it. One think I like to do is throw in something interesting about the subject at hand. you know a factoid or something to help support the topic.

jci63....its the same way on every board I've ever been on....been doing this stuff for 25 years now and there is always people that want to argue...or just get under people's skin.

Don't sweat it...like a few people said...you'll see who you want to ignore.