Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice Texas Panhandle Buck

Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Nice Texas Panhandle Buck

Larry, He's about 23 1/2 outside.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck!!! Congrats!!
Old 02-08-2005, 06:29 AM

Great buck! I'm thinking of looking for a lease up there instead of South Texas; there seems to be a lot less pressure in the panhandle and some monster deer.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:36 AM

Nice looking deer! Lots of character in his face and nice tall & wide rack.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Holliday,

That is a great buck, regardless of who shot it.
like Lhook7 me and my buds are also thinking of moving to that area. I have heard that that general area does not have a lot of deer but I have also heard that it produces some monster bucks, which is obvious from your picture. If you don't mind give me your thoughts on the deer population in that area.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:45 AM

Nice deer but its really hard to appreciate them bucks from texas that were shot in a pen.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: leftmehangin

Nice deer but its really hard to appreciate them bucks from texas that were shot in a pen.
What is your IQ?
Old 02-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Jeg, This deer did not come off of my lease. He came from a friend of mines lease. From talking to him in the past, they have a fair amount of deer. He said that everybody generally sees deer when they go out. Also there is usually a real bruiser buck (like this one) killed every year. Although this one was the best ever off of this place. They are very close to the Red River seperating Texas from Oklahoma. If this doesn't really answer your question let me know and I'll try to get you some more info.

Leftmehangin:Your comment doesn't fit the bill. This deer was shot in a natural funnel between a wheat field and a bedding area. Please keep your smart aleck comments to yourself from now on.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

That answers the question thanks for the help.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

awsome buck!!! about the area though, thats where i hunt as well. hunters are moving in by the groves. where i use to hunt land just by asking a farmers permission is now leased out. greety folks trying to make money off anything. going to push us poor hunters into golfing or something. also, there was a monster buck killed somewhere near wellington texas, 30 miles north of childress this year. its possible the new state record nontypical. i did see it personally at the little taxidermy shop there in wellington. i've never seen anything like it up close. huge

Quick Reply: Nice Texas Panhandle Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.