Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer >

Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer

Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer

Here is another very interesting stat on B&C WT deer. Do you know that if you visit the Kings Ranch in Texas to WT deer hunt you will pay $36.66 per inch for a 150 class deer thats $5500.00 AND goes up from there ...IF you were to shoot a 200 class deer it cost a WOPPING $100.00 per inch and it does NOT take a rocket scientest to figure that out ..$20000.00 and that does NOT count tips, board, trasportation, license or tax . I have hunted Alberta Canada, paid as high as $4500.00 (including licenses and tag) which aint cheap but I took a 180 class deer which pics are posted on this web site and thats about $24.00 per inch and that DOES include food, license, tags and top. I can tell you that does not count the BEAUTIFUL country I saw ..the wildlife Like moose I have never seen in the wild before, the VERY very nice Canadian people I met and memories I brought home. I hunted 60 miles from where Milo Handson killed his world record and there was always that thought in the back of my mind ... I think my point here is the Canada hunting trip is WELL worth the money if any of you guys ever want to go... This information comes from the September issue of Outdoor Life magazine
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antoher interesting Stat on Boone and Crockett WT Deer

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Doctor Death you hit the nail on the head...I travel also and would NEVER pay the numbers some of these outfitters are asking. I know most of them work very hard and those that do deserve what they make.. It's just getting out of hand. It's great to get a big whitetail but lets be honest whitetails are everywhere. There is a outfitter on this site who list a "great price" on monster whitetails...when you compare apples to apples it's really not a "great price".
Everywhere in Canada that I have hunted I have done very well..but I refuse to pay over $2500..I can hunt in the states and knock down some respectable bucks. Maine and Upstate NY has some huge deer you just have to put in the effort. I now have heard (not certain) that the american dollar will not be worth what it was and therefore hunts in Canada will be going up.
Just my opinion .... I think they will all outprice themselves, more and more hunters will get together with fellow hunters stay in the states, travel by car, get a out of state license and "find" different areas to hunt whitetails for under 1000.00 when all said and done.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I would GLADLY trade a deer or Turkey hunt in Alabama or Tennessee for a WT deer hunt in Illinois..Michican...Iowa ..Missouri or Kansas ... I think thats the way to go ..swap hunts with fellow hunters and THIS is a GREAT forum for that.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

$100.00 per inch and it does NOT take a rocket scientest to figure that out ..$20000.00 and that does NOT count tips, board, trasportation, license or tax
Yes ,but you dont freeze your butt off down there and you should see all the good lookin mexican girls available. You can go across the border with cadallac man for 10,00. Get a free six pack ,two shots of tequilla. Play pool and drink free beer till midnight and watch 25 naked teenage girls dance. And shower at the end of the night and whatever you want between. LOL,LOL
Old 02-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well thats an interesting STAT as wll BUT I bet after you get three or four shots of Tequilla then you better get a couple of shots of Penicillin...LOL