HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   The huge racks at Cabela's/Bass Pro (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/89003-huge-racks-cabelas-bass-pro.html)

DaveH 02-02-2005 02:25 PM

The huge racks at Cabela's/Bass Pro

I've visited several Bass Pro and Cabela's stores and am in awe of the incredibly huge antlers they have on display. I believed that all the racks were reproductions of real bucks taken. However, I know that Cabela's purchases giant REAL racks for displays in their stores. Do they make replicas of those for displays in their other stores or are most (or all) of them real?

SquirrleBurger46 02-02-2005 02:44 PM

RE: The huge racks at Cabela's/Bass Pro

I think those are real. at my bass pro there is a photo spot where you can get next to a bear and take a pic.

kshunter 02-02-2005 04:13 PM

At Cabelas, most all of them are real. There are a few display though of some famous ones which are replicas, but they are usually marked that way. Cabelas has one full-time guy that all he does is buy mounts for the stores.

Deerslayer_37 02-02-2005 04:51 PM

I'd say they're real. Cabela's and Bass Pro own most of the bucks that are in the top 50 typ/nontyp B&C. Bass Pro shops bought the Legendary Whitetails Collection from larry huffman(i think?), and thats over 100 world class deer including the Jordan buck. most of the deer in the stores are real and they buy up alot of racks. I think Bass Pro bought the Albia buck from iowa, im not sure on that though. it could be cabelas, but for sure the thing was sold.

slayer

fatsbucknut 02-02-2005 05:45 PM

Yeah i believe they are mostly real. I know my uncles neighbor was offered several thousand dollars and i believe a replica also, for a buck he shot. but he turned it down for some reason.

Tree climber 02-02-2005 05:49 PM

when the wife and I travel,I like to go to Cabelas and Bass-Pro;she likes flea markets and yard sales.
a lot of them are reproductions,I know a lot are. because I have been to there stores in 5 different states and saw some of the same mounts.that is Cabales; and Bas-Pro has some of the same ones in 3 stores I have been in.

cabelas has there own repoduction shop.thats what a guy in a store told me.

doughboysigep 02-02-2005 08:13 PM

I am in the minority. I think most or at least many are repros. Think about it - how many of those trophies can their be?? And out of those how many people would give them up?? I don't have a problem if they are repros, still a lot of fun to look at.

Goodguy 02-02-2005 08:28 PM

If you'd like to see some photos I took at Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. showing the mounts and displays go to www.cabelas.funtigo.com gg.

cardeer 02-02-2005 11:50 PM

Most repos ,they offered to repro me ,but the wife would not sign the papers

Sniper151 02-03-2005 12:34 AM

Most if not all the mounts in Cabela's are reproductions. The stats for the mounts are correct, but the racks are not the real thing.