HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Sport Shop Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/88970-sport-shop-hunters.html)

quiksilver 02-02-2005 10:05 AM

Sport Shop Hunters

Do you guys get frustrated with the guys who act like they're god's gift to hunting, who never actually go hunting when the time comes??

You know the guys I'm talking about - every group has a few of them.

I got a couple friends who "talk the talk" but haven't gotten a deer in 7 years (and haven't put forth much of an effort, either). It's one thing to try and not succeed, but it kinda irks me when you hear guys talk big about what broadheads they use, what guns they're buying, what kind of treestands everybody else needs to buy, etc., and you know that they haven't actually been in the woods in five seasons.

I have dubbed them the "sportshop hunters," b/c they shoot in the little archery leagues and hang out at the sportshops constantly. I think there are even a few of 'em hanging around these boards as well...

So tell me some stories about your favorite "sport shop hunters."

UncleNorby 02-02-2005 10:42 AM

RE: Sport Shop Hunters

Everybody knows a few. I don't mind them at all. They stay home and I hunt.

cardeer 02-02-2005 11:44 AM

yea they never have to wash their camo ,but they have a 40,000 huntin truck with one of those rear deer racks. LOL They just bring the groercys home from some food store on the rack. I hope they stay out of the woods.

James B 02-02-2005 11:53 AM

There are collectors and users and guys like me who are both. If they buy the gear its good for the industry. If they don't go out and hunt then thats all the better for those of us who do. I don't mind them. I can see your point though.

CBM SC 02-02-2005 12:20 PM

Yep..........I know them...........they walk right into the 7-11 at 4am and buy donuts and coffee before the hunt ....smellin' like dirt soap and wearing their Scent lok suits ! [8D]

Kind of guy that has his 42" Buckshot mudder's all Armor All'd and his stickers placed perfectly on the back window ! [:-]:D

I love the look on their face when you walk in with pictures of a nice buck !!

JerseyJim 02-02-2005 12:48 PM

I know a guy just like that! He has the best equipment money can buy and always looks the part but when comes time for business he never kills anything but time! The up side for me is he also has a nice piece of land to hunt and since he does more talking then hunting I get the place to myself most of the time! It makes him happy to have someone to hunt with so he can talk about our hunt and our kill and thats just fine with me. Oops! Us! Something like that! You get the picture. Were both happy! LOL!

i shoot stuff 02-02-2005 01:12 PM

i like there stories, just like the guy that said he got lucky last night with the girl he met and u know he didnt. offers a good laugh

halcon 02-02-2005 03:14 PM

Some people talk out loud and others talk behind thier back ,don't have much time for either one / halcon

m.t.hands 02-02-2005 03:18 PM

Some people talk out loud and others talk behind thier back ,don't have much time for either one / halcon
well said

Hunter_59 02-02-2005 03:53 PM

It's really frustrating though when they do step into the woods smelling like Cheer laundry detergent and then shoot the biggest buck in the neighborhood! Damn I hate when that happens!