Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is Poaching Okay???

Old 03-14-2005, 09:32 PM

Default RE: Is Poaching Okay???

Brushchump,

Maybe when you get out of high school, get a job, get married, have kids with a stay at home mother with all of the bills associated with that & get laid off from your job on top of that..........................maybe one day if you're fortunate to live a full life you may have the insight into a subject like this.

My parents get paid good money and I don't even get that
This is my point right here, you do not know how much $$$$$$$ it takes to raise a family.

And if he doesn't have a job, call him a bum because there are plenty
So can we all say the same about people still living with Mom & Dad?

Dont be so quick to judge people who are less fortunate as as you are................just be/c someone is down on their luck doesnt make them a bum.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Amen, Brother Bldhound. Preach on! Speaking as someone who was laid off, I can say you don't have a clue what life is like in the real world Brushchump. It is better for people to think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is better for people to think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Exactly.......Why the heck ya think I seldom make a peep...
Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Dominant Buck

KsHunter,poaching is stealing and traspassing!
If your buddy was a mechanic, would you traspass on his property and steal his tools
to feed your family?
Why not poach beef, it will last alot longer? If a person is going to do it, do it right.
What is his family going to eat when he gets caught and is sentenced to 5 yrs?
If a man has the .....ll's, don't hit a convinience store hit a BANK!

Poaching deer is a PETTY act!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

KsHunter,poaching is stealing and traspassing!
If your buddy was a mechanic, would you traspass on his property and steal his tools
to feed your family?
Why not poach beef, it will last alot longer? If a person is going to do it, do it right.
What is his family going to eat when he gets caught and is sentenced to 5 yrs?
If a man has the .....ll's, don't hit a convinience store hit a BANK!

Poaching deer is a PETTY act!

For someone who is old enough to have heard stories first hand about the great depression, I don't think you were listening. There are times, there are times, there have been times that many people who proclaimed that they would only take the high road and looked down on any that didn't, found themselves on the low road for something as petty as a loaf of bread or a lump of coal.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have a hard time seeing the guy prosecuted fully if he and his family were truly destitute........
Another way he might get a break would be to go to his local police station and/or state police post and let them know he and his family were in need. The cops would surely try to reserve some road-killed deer for a needy family.

Trouble with that is that some folks find it hard to ask for a hand-out. Pride can be a powerful deterrent to doing the right thing sometimes. Some folks are not wired to admit hard times.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Poaching NO, survival YES.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

He can hunt during season like the rest of us, can he not? I kill animals during season as does my father that feed our family many nights during the next year. I was just giving my 2 cents. I never called anyone a fool or names ("BrushChump") as you unpolitely did. My opinion is worthless to those who think their opinion is the only "right" one. I was responding the original post and have not read all 28 pages of this post. My bad...
Old 03-15-2005, 04:18 PM
bigcountry

You know, if these people have to poach, I wonder how all the other families that don't hunt, (I bet 95% of the poor and laid off) make it. All the inner city people that has never been exposed.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some on here have first hand knowledge on poaching and trying to justify it. Or thier deadbeat parents did it. We were poor as dirt too. But my father like my grandfather, and his father joined the military to keep from poaching or stealing or taking hand outs. None besides my father ever graduated high school. Sure they missed thier family, they all went to a foreign war in which my father gave his life. But its better than having every excuse on why you need to steal to make it.

Old 03-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

You know, if these people have to poach, I wonder how all the other families that don't hunt, (I bet 95% of the poor and laid off) make it. All the inner city people that has never been exposed.

I have a sneaking suspicion that some on here have first hand knowledge on poaching and trying to justify it. Or thier deadbeat parents did it. We were poor as dirt too. But my father like my grandfather, and his father joined the military to keep from poaching or stealing or taking hand outs. None besides my father ever graduated high school. Sure they missed thier family, they all went to a foreign war in which my father gave his life. But its better than having every excuse on why you need to steal to make it.

HE TAUGHT YOU WELL...BC

Quick Reply: Is Poaching Okay???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.