Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Atv

Old 02-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Atv

03 polaris 400 never a problem
Old 02-03-2005, 09:42 AM

Honda foreman s with 4000+ miles . kawasaki 300 bayou 4x4 only god knows how many miles.

Oh did i say honda is THE best atv??

And anybody with a 2wd that thinks it'll hang when the going gets rough needs to get out of the kiddie track . there is nothing worse than going with someone with a 2wd cause your limited to where you can go or else you will winch them over and over and over........

Oh and did i say honda is THE best atv??
Old 02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

My Legs Are My ATV. Number 1 reason-My brother-in-law was killed on an ATV (Freak Accident) and I wouldn't own one out of respect for my sister, Number 2-I have too much pride in myself and too much respect for both the outdoors and my fellow hunters to take one of those out in the woods. Just my opinion but I feel that with the introduction of ATV's it has actually hurt the hunting heritage and not helped it. There just aren't too many safe places for game to hide anymore because people are taking ATV's where people just couldn't get to in the past. It has changed the dynamics of most wooded areas. My feeling is that some areas werent' meant to be hunted or fishing except for those willing to work at it. That has all gone out the window now and I just don't want any part of it. This is my opinion and not meant to be anyone else's. I just like the simpler life and that includes my hunting style as well. To each his/her own...
Old 02-03-2005, 03:50 PM

i wounder if i can mount a rifle rack on my new kx250? lol
my one wheel drive atv. it would proove to be funny watching me try to drag a deer with it though.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 PM

99 Polaris 500 magnum- absolutely love it!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: ironranger

My Legs Are My ATV. Number 1 reason-My brother-in-law was killed on an ATV (Freak Accident) and I wouldn't own one out of respect for my sister, Number 2-I have too much pride in myself and too much respect for both the outdoors and my fellow hunters to take one of those out in the woods. Just my opinion but I feel that with the introduction of ATV's it has actually hurt the hunting heritage and not helped it. There just aren't too many safe places for game to hide anymore because people are taking ATV's where people just couldn't get to in the past. It has changed the dynamics of most wooded areas. My feeling is that some areas werent' meant to be hunted or fishing except for those willing to work at it. That has all gone out the window now and I just don't want any part of it. This is my opinion and not meant to be anyone else's. I just like the simpler life and that includes my hunting style as well. To each his/her own...

Ironranger while i am sorry about the loss of your brother in law the excuse that you don't own a atv out of respect for your sister doesnt hold water with me.
If realistic people had your view what would the world be??
Let's see for me it would mean i would have to have a different career . my father was a very highly trained and high timed pilot he also had a freak accident and was killed in a helicopter accident. but i love aviation and thats how i make my living. my family knows the risks but if i had said i would find another career for them i would have been miserable.
My cousin who was like my brother was killed in a car accident three years ago yes it was a freak accident .But i can't stop driving out of respect for my family could i ??
NO!!!!!!
All accidents are freak by the way!

Maybe you could do a little research on the many ways people die in accidents. i read once where like 20,000 people die taking a bath every year. now out of respect for everybody i am by all means going to risk it and take a bath (sometimes twice) every day!
i really don't mean to offend you but i just can't stand that excuse of don't do something out of fear that what happened to one might happen to you.

And that old respect for hunters and the outdoors is a pretty old one also. come on the timber industry does far more harm than a atv does to the woods.
My feeling is that some areas werent' meant to be hunted or fishing except for those willing to work at it.
I take it your very softly calling atv users lazy??
HA My atv allows me to work less at getting there and work harder at hunting there. oh i guess your supposed to work a sweat up getting there and take up half the day walking in to hunt a few hours to walk back out and try and beat the darkness.

Heritage?? I work ten times harder than my hunting family ever did. my stands are warm and i can stay dry where in the past they didnt go to the trouble of building nice stands way back in the hard to get to places. mainly cause they didnt have the means ,other than leg power , of getting the materials there. and when you have to work for a living a weekend just isnt enough time .

Heck i could go on and on about this . But i will say in my hunting experience the atv is the best thing that ever came along . i am happy to be part of that "style" of hunting .

Lastly i will say again i am sorry about your brother in law but please don't let life pass you by and not do anything that might have taken someones life cause like i referenced you might get stinky after a while. and then folks might say you died cause you do nothing!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM

soarkrebel , i agree with you 100% i had the same problem with the family i maried into. someone in the family died on his harley because some drunk ass ran him over in a pickup. so the hole family blamed the motorcycle for his death. well you can see the problem when they all think motorcycles are evil and here i come with street bikes, dirt bikes, and so on. it took me 2years too talk my wife into letting me get my 9yr old son a dirt bike so we could ride together. then i got my wife to try it. she loves it more than i do now. and we all have are own dirt bikes and ride as a family almost every weekend now. my wife will also go riding with me on a street bike now and she loves it.

so dont trough blame around the room when a acident hapends.

if you want to live safe with no injoyment fine but dont keep anyone else from injoying life.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

My Legs Are My ATV. Number 1 reason-My brother-in-law was killed on an ATV (Freak Accident) and I wouldn't own one out of respect for my sister
So if he had been killed with a gun would you have given up all of your guns?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:03 PM

Thanks night hawk you know what it's like but you have guts to live YOUR life YOUR way!

It was pretty tough 20 years ago when i first started flying in helicopters with the family. and being the rebel i was and still am i guess i used to rib about where to bury me and what kind of box i wanted. AHHH they got over it!

Oh then when i became a police officer they about stroked out.

Live it like it is your last! cause when your last does come theres no turning back.

Is it better to live a hundred years in a confined room or 50 going like he** ?
I'll take the 50!
TO each there own!

You know i been thinking about another street bike???
Old 02-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

I stand by what I say and make no apologies for stating my opinion on something I feel strongly about. I also know what "Just my opinion" means and rightfully respect yours as well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.