Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SO HOW MANY DID YOU MISS?

Old 01-30-2005, 11:49 AM

Default RE: SO HOW MANY DID YOU MISS?

I have missed 2.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 55 , been hunting all my life. Never missed a deer with a rifle until last yr when I missed three. The only thing I could think of was the new glasses I had just started wearing. I was back on track this yr however. I killed three nice bucks , one shot each at 80 plus yrds.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:32 PM

iv missed 8 i think
Old 01-30-2005, 12:44 PM

It took me 4 stotting mulies before I learned not to shoot at deer on pogo sticks. A pair of nice antelope bucks just completely out ran me. I once missed a standing whitetail buck at about 15 yards. I was afraid of the rifle. I guess my first deer was a miss, I shot at a different one. [:-]. Then there were some javelina that just froze me when they scattered. I'm gonna quit now, I don't like this.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:42 PM

first time out i missed, shooting slugs out of a vent rib bbl at 60+yds (desperation)
Havent missed with the gun since then, but have missed one doe with the Bow
Old 01-30-2005, 06:32 PM

alot with my rifle and shotgun. too many to count. this year i shot 60% i think. pretty good. i usually shoot probably 15 times in a season. this year was slightly better than last on moving targets, i think i shot somethng like 50%. with a bow, i've had 3 misses, all in my first year. I dont wanna know how many times i've missed on the first shot. Even though i consider myself to be a crack shot(one of the best in our group), and even though i have nerves of steel, i still manage to miss my share of deer. the good 6 pointer i got last year i missed twice before i nailed him at 265 yards. other than that, all the other bucks i've shot have been 1st shot hits. does just seem to give me fits sometimes.

slayer
Old 01-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

I started this deer season with 3 slugs and killed three deer.

Can't say I remember more than 2 I EVER wounded. One with a bow and 1 with a shotgun but I feel pretty safe saying I haven't wounded more than 3 deer in all my 30 years of deer hunting with every type of weapon.

If yer missing enough to even think about percetages I'd say you've got a real problem to figure out. More time on the range or maybe a better guide or something.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:50 PM

Ive been hunting deer for about 6-7 years now...i have only missed one on my first shot (my first deer)but hit it on the second...(with a shotgun)
Old 01-30-2005, 08:07 PM

i missed 7 with the shotgun 1 with the muzzleloader 4 with the bow since i have been hunting
Old 01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

1 doe with a shotgun

Quick Reply: SO HOW MANY DID YOU MISS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.