Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A sad day today.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default A sad day today.

One of my drivers came into work yesterday am and said a huge buck got hit on RT 6 Bradford county PA that am... He said all he could see was horns and looked like a 10 point from what he could see as he went by.

Turned out (His friend stopped and actually took the deer) the deer had a 24" outside spread, 22" inside main frame 10 point with a drop tine...11" G2's. Guess he is going to have it mounted so it wont go totally to waste.

But wow what a shame!!! for a deer to make it that long and then get wacked by a car..I really feel sorry for the deer...dont know why.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A sad day today.

i hate to see a good one go down like that[:@]
Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where in Bradford County was this? My father owns land and I hunt every year in Canton.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did he pay the 10 dollars a point to the PGC when he reported it and requested the roadkill permit ??? If not it is a illegal pickup and he is subject to a big fine.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Did he pay the 10 dollars a point to the PGC when he reported it and requested the roadkill permit ??? If not it is a illegal pickup and he is subject to a big fine.
wow, thats ridiculous
Old 01-28-2005, 01:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow, thats ridiculous
Why?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:30 AM

I sure hope cardeer is being a jokester here. If not, that is one ridiculous law.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: STUMPYBARNES

I sure hope cardeer is being a jokester here. If not, that is one ridiculous law.
Not that ridiculous if you think about it from the viewpoint of what the law is trying to do. This type of law is designed to try and keep an unscrupulous hunter from killing a deer out of season, or after filling his buck tag, then lopping off the head and saying "I found it dead by the side of the road". It isn't perfect, but the thought is that it should help cut down on this type of unethical behavior while still allowing an honest person the chance to make use of a roadkill. If you think about what the law is [b]trying[/] to do, it isn't ridiculous. Check your local laws about this, in some places there is some version of the rule mentioned in this thread, in others it is illegal to take any part of a roadkilled animal and in some a road kill is fair game for any and all comers.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 AM

yea its sad for a nice deer to go like that.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not joking thats Pa law when it comes to a road kill buck.
If you hit a deer or pick up a deer that was road killed in Pa the procedure is simple. You call the regional PGC office. Tell them you got a roadkill. They ask if it was a doe or buck.They ask what county,township.they take your address and send you a permit. If it is a buck they will tell you to bring the antlers to the office. If you want the antlers they will charge you 10 dollars a point. A point being 1 inch .If you get caught not calling them and keep the doe without the permit or lie and not tell them it is a buck.You will be treated like a poacher and be fined and face the loss of hunting privileges

Quick Reply: A sad day today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.