Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do you hunt?

Old 02-01-2005, 11:06 PM

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

Why do I do it? It's a biological drive, similar to procreation, which molds behavior and makes you appreciate the wonders of life.

Why do I enjoy it? Because there is nothing like being in the woods and observing the REAL world that puts the UNREAL world - such as gas prices, mortgage payments, politics at work, paying bills, realtives fighting, poor cable reception, etc. - in perspective. There is nothing more satisfying than engaging the real world and sharing in its wonders and beauties.

As the commercial says: My heart belongs to my family, my brain belongs to my work and my soul belongs to the woods.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt because it allows me quiet time, kinda like the rest of the guys have said. My world slows down, and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Like oldgrunt said, bills, politics, etc. don't matter anymore. I also take my bible out and spend time with the one who created it all.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:31 PM

Id have to agree with jackalope its the quiet time being in Gods country and enjoying his fantasic creatures, another reason is I can feed my family and donate all other deer to help feed some one elses family. I am disabled and on a limited income so I cant donate cash but it gives me a feeling of accomplishment by donating meat. Jimmy
Old 02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

because I love the outdoors and to get away from the stress of everyday life.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

For the same reason a beagle runs rabbits.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM

it is fun
Old 02-07-2005, 05:34 PM

join my hunting competition!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt for the most of the same reasons already given, but it also gives me time to spend time with my Dad. With my work, wife and child and everyday things that happen with getting older, he and I don't get near as much time together as we used to. He's getting up in age(71) and I know that the opportunities we'll get to share will not go on forever. But come turkey season in the spring and deer in the fall, everyone in our family don't even bother to asked either one of us what we'll be doing on the weekends.