Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why do you hunt?

Old 01-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why do you hunt?

I go to church , been to Bible college for 6 years and still have my closest times with God in my deer stand. I love identifying trees ,birds and flowers. I video tape alot and share my tapes with my students .In Florida you could see a panther, coyote, hogs ,bobcat one of 5 different poisoness snakesand best of all a deer.I've even had to go around a gator to get to the stand.But the best thing to see that thrills every nerve in your being is a deer. Especially after long hours of scouting and the trial and error of calling. And then to slowly raise the rifle to your shoulder and squeeze off a round and watch your deer fall.....that inner joy last me a long time. I had a pretty rough childhood and use to hunt to escape the pressure. Hunting is still my blessed get away.
Chuck
Old 01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

this was posted a while back, very nice

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/misch...n-message.html
Old 01-30-2005, 09:45 PM

I go hunting to try to get meat for my family.Unfortunately I haven't been too good at it.I love to see all the wildlife out there and the squiet of being in the woods.I love a nice steady snow.It is so peaceful and you can track the deer too.Unfortunately I can't go for rabbits or pheasants anymore.I want to try coyote hunting because there are way too many around here and far too few deer now.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

i go for a lot of reasons but mostly for the peace that it gives me and to spend time with God....if I see a critter great and if I get one even better but some of my best hunts were when I never got a shot off.
i could on and on and on and on and on but i'm already an hour into overtime and think the boss will get a lil upset if i stay a couple more just to talk about huntin'.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy God's great outdoors. I can sometimes be absolutely marveled at it all. I take pride in the fish & game brought to the table thru our hands and not a grocery store.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was born to hunt and fish. Its a passion. However the meat is important to our family as we all love fish and game. With meat and gas prices so high it takes a lot of pressure off the grocery bill. Getting together with hunting friends is certainly a big part of it as well and hunting season are usually our vacations.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:00 AM

you have to do it to know what its like.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:39 AM

just getting out in the woods is an amazing experience but I hunting because of the feeling I get just being out there and watching nature just happen
Old 02-01-2005, 01:08 PM

They have yet to make it legal to shoot liberals, there fore I must hunt. Sorry guys I couldn't help myself.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mainly to be outdoors, observing nature. It feels good to just go out, forget about all my troubles in life, and just enjoy being alive.

Quick Reply: Why do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.