Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

white deer

Old 01-29-2005, 10:39 AM

Default RE: white deer

Funny Uncle Matt! Good pics guys. 2 yrs ago we had 5 pie-bald fawns behind work. They came out every evening. Nobody would shoot them but we havent seen any of them since last summer. I hear there bad luck to shoot. I hear if you shoot one you"ll die within a couple years. All supersition im sure but who wants ta press luck.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

We can shoot the piebalds in Wisconsin, but all white deer can only be shot in a CWD eradication zone on private land with a specail land owner tag.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:57 PM

genetically speaking the albinos, leusistics, and piebalds are 3 diferent genetically flawed variants. the leusistic (white deer) will have black eyes instead of pink like an albino. piebalds are somewhat of a cross betwwen the leucistic and a normal. all three are recesive traits. the best thing to do is to harvest them whenevr you can because they are the weakest genetically of the species. when you see more then one in the area then that is [proof of real bad genetics and imbreeding because to produce the pieds or the albino one would have to breed to a normal then the babies would come out looking normal but carry the gene then it would have to breed back to the visible morph such as the pied or the albino. that would produce it again. one the normal looking babies that were produced would be heterozogous for pied or albino meaning they arfe the carrier of the gene. if it was a dominant gene or co-dominant then the albino would produce albinos when it breeds to a normal the first time. same with the pieds and lucies. yall probablly didnt need all that info but i thought id just throw it in there for the hell of it. but if your managing your land then harvest them as soon as you see them.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Head hunter,
I somewhat agree with you. I would like to harvest one or two but the state"s idiots have made it almost completely illeagle. Guesse the WDNR worries more about what is cute, than what is good sound management.