Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 PM

Default RE: Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

That is an amazing deer, white deer are rare from where I am from so it is always a joy to see one.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Post some pitures of that bad boy.......
Old 02-03-2005, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: oldgrunt

ORIGINAL: dragthor

That piebald might be the last buck you take. Supposedly they are bad luck to shoot.
I heard the same nonsense after I shot a nearly all white piebald a few years back...then tagged my personal best buck after.

I wouldn't worry about the old wives tale.
Thought that superstition was referring to albinos?
Anyway,in Sept. in archery season this yr. I killed my piebald doe.Then later in Nov. I killed my biggest bow buck to date too.Small world...
Old 02-04-2005, 09:20 AM

nice kill

I'd love to see white deer running around alabama
Old 02-04-2005, 04:08 PM

Sorry you had to endure the sycophantism JCI. Of course, most reasonable people here enjoyed the photo of your unusual piebald buck. Congratulations!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:06 PM

Here's something I thought was interesting. Found this on the Michigan DNR site:

Question
---- 04/06/2001 05:06 PM ---------------------------------------------
Why are white or albino deer illegal to harvest? Wouldn't the natural order take these
deer out of the herd, because they are seen easier by preditors?

Answer
At 04/09/2001 09:16 AM we wrote -
Albino deer are illegal to take because of an interest to protect this unique aspect of wild
deer.

Naturally these individuals probably would be removed by predators due in part to their
color. As fawns they me be easier to see resulting in a higher loss, however if they reach
adult hood they may be able to elude predators similar to other adult deer.
Sounds like they only want to keep Albino whitetails alive due to the rarity. Kinda wierd I think....but then again they are nice looking.

BUT WAIT!

What about turkeys?

Question
Is it legal to shoot an albino turkey?

Answer
Yes, albino turkeys receive no special protection under the law and may be legally taken. The birds are highly unusual and light color mutations are prized by some hunters. Even if a bird is an albino or light color mutant, all the usual hunting regulations continue to apply. For example, during the spring wild turkey season only a bird with a beard is legal to take. In the fall season, birds of either sex may be taken.
Seems to me the law should apply to one species as it would apply to the other...or visa versa. These two completely contradict each other.

Couldn't find anything about Georgia's laws concerning albino/peidbalds.

Here's the link to the Michigan DNR question:
http://midnr.custhelp.com/
Search for "Albino"
Old 02-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just so you know the only reason that hair on the deers hocks is brown is from scent and its urine, the area you say is brown is a scent gland, and the eyes look pinish to me.
Get your head out of your arse! Do bucks pi$$ on their heads too? Is that why it's head is brown? It's a fricken piebald period!! Step up to the plate and apoligize to the man!

Congrats on a unique trophy!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:23 PM

Hey Doug, get your head out of your arse, you may pee on your head but that is not what we are talking about. Deer rub theirs antlers on trees and so too rub theirs heads because they have scent glands in their foreheads. So sap and dirt can color the hair a different color. You tried to punk me but just came out looking stupid. Think before you reply next time. Yeah and youre a Packers fan so that explains alot.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Doug, get your head out of your arse, you may pee on your head but that is not what we are talking about. Deer rub theirs antlers on trees and so too rub theirs heads because they have scent glands in their foreheads. So sap and dirt can color the hair a different color. You tried to punk me but just came out looking stupid. Think before you reply next time. Yeah and youre a Packers fan so that explains alot
Shows your age and stupidity!
I could care less what you feel about me! The point is the buck he shot is a piebald period. Obviously the Michigan DNR agreed right? Anyone who knows anything about albinoism knows that they are completely white , pink noses , eyes , and hooves , any patches of brown make it a piebald which is pefectly legal to shoot. A true albino is even whiter than his buck , would you like to see pics?
The guy comes here and posts a pic of his unique trophy and you treat him like he poached an illegal deer.[:@]

Nuff said!
Old 02-06-2005, 10:36 AM

Sure doug post a pic, and find me some hair on that that you can definetly call brown, but you cant tell me that because the areas that are brown can possibly be from scent or rubbing. Sorry if i dont believe everything i see our hear. It is not illegal to question things in life. And i was argueing that i thought the deer was an albino then you came on here and insulted me first, so that shows your stupidity, and just becuase you are probably 40 or something you think you know more than anyone younger than you i bet. Not every older person is as smart as they think they are. I am done posting on this page. I was just giving my opinion and saw no concrete evidence of it being a piebald, no name of the bilogist or anything. So sorry if i dont believe everything. If it really is a piebald congragulations, i said congragulations in my first post i was just raising the question that it looked like a albino. Asking questions to find the truth does not insult people. If i does they take it the wrong way.

Quick Reply: Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.