Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

Old 01-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

I give up, this is not court TV. You can think what ever you like. I know what I shot, and will post the mount when it's finished.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: jci63

I give up, this is not court TV. You can think what ever you like. I know what I shot, and will post the mount when it's finished.
JC,
I don't blame you. Apparently many of these detractors didn't read the article I posted.
Our governing body here in MI. says that what he shot is legal.
Period.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:35 AM

Nope not court TV. From the article it said it had brown eyes...so that makes it a Piebald.

So is there anyone out there that can give me an intelligent reason why it should be illegal to shoot an albino deer? (which it appears this one is not)
Old 01-30-2005, 08:52 AM

That piebald might be the last buck you take. Supposedly they are bad luck to shoot.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 AM

Nice buck JC. For the others that have posted negative comments I don't understand why you would do that. Are you better than this person? Were you there? Can you without ANY doubt say that you were there and can verify that a biologist did NOT verify this is a piebald. I think in the animal kingdom no animal is classified as an albino without pink or red eyes. Also, it clearly has brown in it's cape and an albino would not. I just don't see the point in beating someone up on the internet when you don't have access to all the information.

TBO
Old 01-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for posting the pics jci63, there are some of us on these boards that appreciate seeing stuff like that without being a detractor, I would love to see photos of the full body mount when it is done.

For some on these boards, it doesn't matter what you say, they will kick and scream to the end that they are right and every one else is wrong....I just don't get it, that's one reason I don't post as much as I used to, I just read and try to educate myself, some of these guys make me laugh because they grumble at everything and anything, get a clue man, the info. is here for us to learn, not to disagree and fight over.

I think YOU need to educate yourselves, the deer was identified by a bioligist, not a key board wanna-be thinking he's correct to the end.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:49 PM

Still would like someone (a real biologist or not) to give me an intelligent reason why it should be illegal to shoot an albino deer?

Anyone know an internet link that explains this law in some detail as why it's a law? Wouldn't it be the same as saying you are not allowed to shoot a whitetail that had "non-typical" antler formation? Both are genetic driven so what's the difference? (ok I know sometimes non-typical growth could be food source or injury driven, even that is debatable)

Anyone?
Old 01-31-2005, 04:20 PM

that's pretty wild
Old 01-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

JC,
Grats on a nice legal buck
Old 02-01-2005, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: dragthor

That piebald might be the last buck you take. Supposedly they are bad luck to shoot.
I heard the same nonsense after I shot a nearly all white piebald a few years back...then tagged my personal best buck after.

I wouldn't worry about the old wives tale.

Quick Reply: Michigan 2004 Piebald Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.